Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser levels

Options
  • 27-09-2009 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi guys any sparks out there using laser levels?

I'm on the industrial/commercial side of things and I've been thinking a laser level will save me time as well as helping the quality and look of my work. I need it for marking out runs for fixing up brackets for trunking and tray runs also for T'ing off of conduits running across the ceilings and down the Walls and then for fixing my socket/switch boxes level around the rooms.

I'm working in rooms where it's hard to get a measurement because they're not square/rectangled shaped. And are very high ceilinged so need a good long laser throw.

My budget would be €150 max.

What type do I need as theyres a lot of different types.

Cheers for any advice ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

i bought a cheap bosch one for about 50 euro(waste of money).The ceiling guys would be well up on them and the laser distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

u need it self levelling anyway. so can just leave it down and it does the rest not messing around making sure its on a level base everytime u move it. although maybe a bit outside ur price range the dewalt laser level is a great buy. only has 2/3 buttons so is very easy to use and set up. its wat most partition guys use. could probably pick one up online.

Advertisement