Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Belkin Wireless G+ MIMO router

Options
  • 27-09-2009 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Have a really annoying problem with this router. It works fine normally but often when I put my laptop on standby and then turn it back on again my wifi adapter will not re-connect to the network. It just says "Acquiring network address" constantly until I switch the router off and on again. Same thing happens on my phone and 2 other laptops in the house so I'm certain it's a problem with the router and not the laptops/phone.

I checked the firmware and its up to date, don't really know what else to check. Its using WPA security, no mac filtering.
    Anyone got any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

mika27 wrote: »
    Anyone got any advice?

Yep, don't buy a Belkin, nothin but bother. I come across problems with these POS every week. Can't trust a Belkin to work or even keep its settings for that matter

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Ok I set myself up for that one.
    So basically buy a different router then. What are the best ones to go for? Netgear or Linksys seem to be popular

Advertisement