Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero Sad Joke or WTF??

• 27-09-2009 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

I am not into Guitar Hero. You can't beat the real thing.

Seen this on the official Gibson site. I don't Cobain was into this type of music.
    In fact he was against most of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

She accidentally the whole thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sorry but it's a game, crying over one character in it is beyond stupid and moronic. Hilarious video though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Courtney Love owns all his stuff now.. and I gues the rest of Nirvana. If Dave Grohl is on GH for Foo Fighters. I'll bet if Nirvana were still together they'd be on it voluntarily. Smells Like Teen Spirit is one of the most over played sell out tracks anyways.

There are 4 or 5 Nirvana songs on it so there might as well be a Kurt Cobain character to pick. So what if he's singing songs that he didn't like. I'll just pick him to sing the Nirvana tracks.

Courtney is a sell out whore, but Kurt won't ever know so, whatever. (I know it's not very dignified though...) It might make some of his fans happy. I doubt it'd be such a big deal if he had died of a drug overdose or whatever and not killed himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,214 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I really don't get the whole 'why play Guitar Hero when you can just play the real thing' arguement.

In that case, why play racing games when you can drive a car...why play football (Or any sports games) when you can just go to a field and kick a ball about?

Why play shooting games when you can just...er...go paintballing/airsofting (Okay that one was a stretch)

I play guitar but I also love Guitar Hero. Why? Because it's **** loads of fun.

Guitar hero isn't trying to compete with the real thing. If anything, it's competing with air guitar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

o1s1n wrote: »
    I really don't get the whole 'why play Guitar Hero when you can just play the real thing' arguement.

In that case, why play racing games when you can drive a car...why play football (Or any sports games) when you can just go to a field and kick a ball about?

Why play shooting games when you can just...er...go paintballing/airsofting (Okay that one was a stretch)

Guitar hero isn't trying to compete with the real thing. If anything, it's competing with air guitar.

Pffft. Just go to war! :)

Guitar Hero is a game and the music industry has changed. While it's up to C. Love, there is a good chance they would have been in the game anyways. It's a good way for bands to get their music out to new potential audiences plus it's a bash. Games are evolving too with Rock Band Beatles and upcoming DJ Hero (which will feature Eminem and Dr. Dre who never got the whole GH thing but can actually see themselves playing that)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Please Please shut this Tread Down, what a load of Boll8ks!!! end of!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I don't own it, but I play it sometimes when I visit my sis and bro-in-law. It's pretty much a 'party' game, or a game you play while having a laugh with a few people. I wouldn't sit down and play it by myself... I'd just practise guitar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

What a ridiculous thread.

guitar-queer-o-20071108025653425.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Ugh, not this again...

No one's forcing you to play it, if the kids want to get into music and make their own they still have to buy an actual instrument, guitar hero does not impede their development at all. It doesn't give you a cheap rock-star high or give you delusions of grandeur, it's a silly little game. If anything, it might bolster a young mind's aspirations of becoming a rock-star, so that their own music may be featured in the game some day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

I think its kind of positive, I have 2 young nephews (10 and 14) and they play rock band/guitar hero etc, and if anything its opened them up to Music. They are checking out whats going on now and also listening to plenty of Classic rock stuff from the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

damonjewel wrote: »
    I think its kind of positive, I have 2 young nephews (10 and 14) and they play rock band/guitar hero etc, and if anything its opened them up to Music. They are checking out whats going on now and also listening to plenty of Classic rock stuff from the past.

For me, and people my age (24), the games are a bit of fun with friends. I have two guitars and if I want to play the real deal, I will.

For kids, it opens them to music they otherwise wouldn't care about or try to seek out. And later on, possibly go off and learn a real instrument and keep good music alive...

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Love GH especially the older ones! So much fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

o1s1n wrote: »

Can't believe how this thread is gone..........:eek:
    The 'play the real thing' was a bit of humour.....do we remember humour???

The idea of the thread was not to put down Guitar Hero at all. In fact, i have nothing against it, i am sure it's great fun for everyone who likes a bit of rock music.

Some guys have missed the point. The point was about Cobain used to sing Bon Jovi tunes etc.

Close the thread then.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Some guys have missed the point. The point was about Cobain used to sing Bon Jovi tunes etc.

Close the thread then.....
    It all stems from Coutney Love not bothering to read through the contract when she licensed his likeness to the game. As is her wont, she's since gone on an incoherent rant about the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 xYazbombx

Its a deadly GAME... Its good fun.. If you dont like it, dont buy it.. U probably just hopeless at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

xYazbombx wrote: »
    Its a deadly GAME... Its good fun.. If you dont like it, dont buy it.. U probably just hopeless at it

That's not what the thread is about.

Advertisement