Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Painfully slow on PC

• 27-09-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

using UPC 10mb,

576085786.png

but the problem seems to be lying with the PC, whether using wireless or wired, because everything works fine on the laptop.

some sites load fine, but many, including Boards:( takes AGES to load up fully. i use Opera, but IE (7) has the exact same problem. it'll load the top "picture" displaying boards.ie etc, but nothing else for ages.

TuneUp Utilities has sped up my internet, opening opera "ports" for my connection speed etc, which worked fine in the past, and I havent picked up any HDD cluster faults or anything.

Malwarebytes is scanning, but hasnt picked anything up thus far.
    Eset is upto date. nothing to spot there.

Ive just recently formatted and reinstalled Windows XP on it, but the problem was happening before the format.

um thats all the info i can think of.
    Please, any help/advice would be much appreciated.:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

seems that SP3 didnt install correctly on my PC, and after reinstalling it, and a few other windows updates, my internet seems back to normal.

also, and it could have been this i guess, malwarebytes found

Registry Values Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OLE\DRam prosessor (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

should i have been worried about that trojan?

Advertisement