Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are there any fish in the Broadmeadow river??

Options
  • 27-09-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, are there any fish in the river its self? I was golfing in the swords open golf centre and the river runs through it, up near roganstown. Its quite plauasable river to have fish in it. Didnt see any mind but wasnt concentrating on it really what with playing golf etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Beilve it or not, the Broadmedow used to be one of the top sea trout rivers in the east, good head of brownies there too but sadly its now ranked as one of irelands most polluted rivers. The Ward which is the largest tributary of the Broadmedow still has good numbers of brownies in rhe right places, some quite big ones too for a small river.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

yes broadmeadow was a good seatrout river in the past. sadly as we have treated a lot of our rivers in a very poor way, those days are long gone and will never return. i think that the broadmeadow anglers (i was a member a few years back) used to stock it with browns now and again, they also control Tonlagee resevoir on the swords ashbourne road. its a well stocked lake but it is hard to get into the club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I shoot up by robertstown(near killsalaghan) and that river is dead as a doornail.
    Last year it was swarming with sticklebacks and minnows and there were no signs of life at all last week.
    The landownere told me pollution form ashbourne is to blame.

Advertisement