Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

petition for paul mccartney to play in ireland again

Options
  • 27-09-2009 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

im starting a petition on boards.ie to get the 'great' paul mccartney to come to dublin to play a gig sometime soon. He has only ever played in the republic of ireland twice, 1963 with the beatles and then in 2003 solo. Lets get him back again to rock out his best tunes along with a selist, which largely consists of beatles numbers.

Give your support now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

He isn't allowed to play in Ireland anymore because he didn't play Polythene Pam last time he was here.

I made that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I can't see any promoter taking a chance on him again. He was the first rock/pop artist to break the €100 asking price here (classical acts had previously been the only ones to hit such heights), and it didn't sell out. Aiken added extra tiered seats on the pitch to make the standing area look less empty, and even then, there were huge gaps on the field.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I'd go see Paul McCartney if he brought David Gilmour along as his lead guitarist like he did in 2003. :D

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

I can't see any promoter taking a chance on him again. He was the first rock/pop artist to break the €100 asking price here (classical acts had previously been the only ones to hit such heights), and it didn't sell out. Aiken added extra tiered seats on the pitch to make the standing area look less empty, and even then, there were huge gaps on the field.

My ticket was about 75 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I would love him back in Ireland, I have learned how to shoot now.

• Advertisement

Reganio 2 wrote: »

Wow how side-splittingly hilarious. And who are you a fan of?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Give your support now!

lol lol lol,
    eyeeeeye,
    lol lol lol,
    eyeeeeye,
    we all lol together.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kiwi_40

Well lads, he is coming after all, a promoter did take a chance and i for one will be on my computer trying to get a ticket no matter what price. He is a living legend, full stop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Reganio 2 wrote: »

If you dont like him, then simply dont go. :rolleyes:

kiwi_40 wrote: »
    He is a living legend, full stop

Reason enough for going IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

F-Stop wrote: »
    lol lol lol,
    eyeeeeye,
    lol lol lol,
    eyeeeeye,
    we all lol together.

:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Rigsby wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

Yeah I read that and thought :confused: but then it clicked...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lu1980

me too want to comeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 m1chaeld

got my ticket today. i cant wait. anybody got any idea who the support band will be if there is one.

He usually doesn't bother with support bands and I'd be pretty happy if there's none.

Advertisement