Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011'ers, what courses do ye wanna do?

Options
  • 27-09-2009 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭AddictedToYou

Law and Irish, Law and French or Law (International) in UCC.

Or Commerce and Irish, Commerce and French or Commerce (International) in UCC.

Or Biomedical Science, Biochemistry, Medicine or any non-Physics-related Science-y course.

Or Multimedia / Journalism type course.

UCC, TCD, UCD would all do really...

Yes, I am aware I have alot of thinking and research to do over the next two years...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Speech and language therapy in Nuig. Or science education in ul or maynooth.
    :)
    im gonna have to be working alot over the next 2 years if im gonna get points anywhere near those courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I've a kinda dream of doing medicine, but it's unrealistic. I COULD make 550 points with alot of work...but I'm doing 7 subjects and I'm nearly 100% confident Irish will be my uncounted subject. Basically my safety net is already full. I'll probably stick it down for the first few places on my CAO (maybe top 3), do the HPAT and just see how it goes. Who knows? The HPAT could go extremely well.
    After that, and a more realistic vision, something in the sciences (biochemistry or something), or maybe even engineering (biomedical, etc). There's renewable energy development courses popping up now, and that's a constantly-growing, more recession-resilient area I'm interested in.
    Haven't made up my mind quite yet but I sorta know where I'm going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Medicine in TCD or UCD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

Emm Im not certain on the course yet but im interested in these areas:
    Business/Management, Computer Science, Accounting and Finance or might do a teaching course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 smileylou

General Nursing or Midwifery in DkIT :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 lostinlimerick

psychology in u.l hopefully :) doubt it with only 5 honour subjects n 2 pass though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Medicine in TCD,RCSI or UCD
    or
    Pharmacy in TCD,RCSI or UCD
    and if all else fails

Engineering in TCD

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

Thinking of Theoretical Physics In TCD, Or a Maths or business

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

No idea right now. Thankfully I have some time left to think about it :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

Veterinary Nursing in Cork. I don't want to go to Dublin or Athlone cause I'd be totally lost lol! I ''know'' Cork City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cerise92

i still dont have any ideas which way to go. i'm like sometimes accounting, sometimes languages and sometimes international relations. i know i;m definately not into medicine though ~

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Cerise92 wrote: »
    i still dont have any ideas which way to go. i'm like sometimes accounting, sometimes languages and sometimes international relations. i know i;m definately not into medicine though ~
    From what can be seen sometimes, alot of people who do medicine aren't all that into medicine, they just want a well-paid job. However alot of those who do actually are into medicine, not all though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

From what can be seen sometimes, alot of people who do medicine aren't all that into medicine, they just want a well-paid job. However alot of those who do actually are into medicine, not all though.

ya i agree, personally i would hate to be a docter.......
    you have a stressful job, work massive hours and ok fair enough the pay is good, but you prob wont have time to spend your money:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I have always wanted Medicine, but I honestly don't think I'll get the points for it. I'm doing 5 honours, 2 passes so there's only a tiny chance of me making it.

I don't really have a second choice. Something sciencey anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mirror Image

That tiny chance is still a chance. If you want something bad enough you will get it eventually.:)

I would love medicine or vet med:D

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

alri, ye i can get 550 wit a ****e load of work, wud like to do phsycology in either TCD or UCD, if not den back up wud prob be the general engineering course in UCD...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Speech and language therapy in Nuig. Or science education in ul or maynooth.
    :)
    im gonna have to be working alot over the next 2 years if im gonna get points anywhere near those courses.

I'm currently studying Speech and Language Therapy in University of Ulster. IMHO the points for SLT will continue dropping for the next couple of years if the job situation remains the way it is.

PM if you want any info on the course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Financial Maths & Economics in NUIG.

Wall St. Here I come!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

no idea..... after checking them out nearly everything is 3rd laungage needed :(

and my crappy school stopped the laungage after 3rd year.....whats the point in getting a b in higher german JUNIOR CERT AND THEN STARTING FRENCH FOR THE LEAVING CERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I know it sounds a bit ridiculous but most people who want to/are doing medicine are doing it mainly for the social status.

I'm in ucd and any time courses come up in conversation with someone studying medicine it goes like this:

"So what course are you doing then?"
    "Oh I'm doing medicine *long pause*.... yeah.. i know... *smirk of self loathing*"

:D

obviously this is the majority, one or two do it for the right reasons!

:pac::pac::pac:

honestly though, dont do medicine (or any course for that matter) for bragging rights.. nobody really gives a crap at the end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Occupational therapy in UCC or Trinity, haven't decided which yet.
    Then my back up plans are journalism in DCU or primary teaching.

Advertisement