Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large amount of Active IP connections for my PC, dont know why.

• 27-09-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi
    I was just browing around my router's interface and noticed that for the 3 users logged in, my Active IP connections was in the hundreds while the other user's were 3 or 4. I checked what the connections were for my LAN IP address and most of them were communication between my IP and the router for a service "80" and state of "TIME_WAIT". (Think thats port 80 for http requests???) I was not running any P2P applications at the time.
    Can someone please explain to me what this "TIME_WAIT" state is and why I have hundreds of them and the other users do not? Is it something I should be concerned about? I do sometimes run Vuze (Azureus) and the number of my Active IP connections skyrockets to 700+, per the router, even though I have global maximum of 50 connections set in Vuze, why is this? I am on a home network and I dont want to slow it down for everyone else because of my number of connections. Can someone tell me how I could go about reducing the number of Active IP connections I seem to be generating, or if i need to?

Advertisement