Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

car scrappage scheme ?

• 27-09-2009 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭

I kind of saw the end of an advert on the telly about a car scrappage scheme ? Would anyone know anything about it. I'm looking to scrap a couple of old unwanted cars - neither of which go, so also if anyone knows of any garages, or organisations that take away old cars for free (for parts, scrap metal or whatever). cheeers. mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

mikedublin wrote: »
    I kind of saw the end of an advert on the telly about a car scrappage scheme ? Would anyone know anything about it. I'm looking to scrap a couple of old unwanted cars - neither of which go, so also if anyone knows of any garages, or organisations that take away old cars for free (for parts, scrap metal or whatever). cheeers. mike

The scrappage scheme is Renault only, they usually only take running cars

It's hard to find someone to take away old cars for free, the bottom has fallen out of the recycling market, but if you can transport them yourself the manufacture has to except it back for free. Depending on where you live your local council may take them. But they also may charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Del2005 wrote: »
    The scrappage scheme is Renault only, they usually only take running cars

Scrap for scrap then.........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭andr3w103

Scrap for scrap then.........;)
    leave it out lol......if only there was no such thing as electricity ,they would be beasts haa

Advertisement