Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Break

Options
  • 27-09-2009 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey,

I've a mortage on a one bed apartment, currently manageable on my reasonable salary. I am considering going back to college for a two year post grad. I have been looking at the option of interest only repayments but I'd like to know if this is my only option? I need to spend the bare minimum for two years without giving up on my apartment!

Yours

Will-be-broke!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Banking forum might be the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

You generally won't get interest only for more than 6 months and it has to be because you are in dire need. I doubt any bank would let you go interest only because you want to go back to college, but I might be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

They are apparently giving moratoriums (total breaks from any payment) but only for six months and only to people who are finding it difficult...

Even you got ineterest only payments it would only knock about 10% off your payments (presuming you only had the mortgage for few years now so sorry if thats wrong) so that may not be much help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Banks are only giving payment breaks and interest only options to those in a bad way. Not if you wanna go back to college.

• Advertisement
Advertisement