Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compatibility?

Options
  • 27-09-2009 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Are Classic Army and Dboys parts interchangeable such as i want to change the body and front end of an M15A4 SLV with a Dboys metal body and SPR front end kit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

.22 Lover wrote: »
    Are Classic Army and Dboys parts interchangeable such as i want to change the body and front end of an M15A4 SLV with a Dboys metal body and SPR front end kit.

They should be yeah, most if not all Armalite bodies are the same, it should only be a matter of taking out the gearbox and dropping it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

thanks i was worried i would buy all this stuff an then it would not fit properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

yup, will be absolutely fine. If you wanted to put a ca lower and dboys upper together.. no, but you will need a new single piece hop unit, the SLV's as i recall have a twopart hop, dboys bodies dont fit those, as they are a hangover from the old TM plastic bodies. Grab one of those, and its all grand.:)

what the difference between a two part hopup and a one part hop up? Just to say i am also getting a 6.03 tight bore and metal hopup to match the look of the body.The hopup unit is a King Arms M4 metal hop up chamber with systema hop up packing from ehobby.

what the difference between a two part hopup and a one part hop up? Just to say i am also getting a 6.03 tight bore and metal hopup to match the look of the body.The hopup unit is a King Arms M4 metal hop up chamber with systema hop up packing from ehobby.

Get a Guarder Clear, they are amazing! Remember to use high quality BB's with the tightbore!

• Advertisement

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Get a Guarder Clear, they are amazing! Remember to use high quality BB's with the tightbore!
    raptor .20 or .25 should do the job.Is the guarder clear the 50% hardness one it just seemed a bit cheap to be any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Personally i only use excel bb's in my upgraded gbb's, find them quite good

I'd go for a soft guarder hop rubber personally over the systema... with an element H nub, ver nice combination.

As for the difference, well, the front of the body mounts the feed nipple and a support for the air nozzle as it passes over. The hop unit sits on top of that, its an older design, and allowed the original plastic m4 bodies to hinge up as per the real one, leaving the gearbox and lower hop inside, the 1 piece has a better air seal and more reliable.

zero19 wrote: »
    I thought that gbb pistols don't need super quality BB s because of there rough loading mechanism.anyway ill get hopup barrel and body But will the current CA stock fit the dboys body i have a limited budget to spend so I'm trying to keep as much CA stuff as i can?

raptor .20 or .25 should do the job.Is the guarder clear the 50% hardness one it just seemed a bit cheap to be any good.
    too cheap? so over priced = better ? :P Systema parts i find hugely over rated imo, guarder hop rubbers are cheap, excelent, and consistent, what more do you need? I always thought cheaper was better :D
    zero19 wrote: »
    excell are too small for some gbbs and dont stay in the feed lips in my experience
    I thought that gbb pistols don't need super quality BB s because of there rough loading mechanism.anyway ill get hopup barrel and body But will the current CA stock fit the dboys body i have a limited budget to spend so I'm trying to keep as much CA stuff as i can?
    yes, they need good bbs, all do... gbb more as theres more parts moving to load it than an aeg.

ca stock fits fine, as does pistol grip, gearbox, etc. its all compatable apart from the hop unit.

• Advertisement

Thanks FireKitten thats all i need to know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Classic Armys dont have the 2 piece TM type hopups, thats JG and some AGM,

CA will have the same hopup mech, although not as good a quality as the Dboys one you you shouldnt have any issues there. The main issue you might incounter is the delta ring, sometimes the CA threading can be a little off compared to the universal sizing of other manufacturers and it means you need to give the delta ring a big of welly to get it on.

As for hopup rubbers, as already mentioned, the Guarder clear silicone is the best in my opinion. combine that with the Sportline barrel unless your spending on a new barrel. The CA one is decent and with a good cleaning and drying it'll perform very well.

What exactly is the end result you are after?
    Because if you are using the metal body and barrel from the dboys, you might as well just keep the dboys internals, there far superior to the CA ones. :)

Masada wrote: »
    Classic Armys dont have the 2 piece TM type hopups, thats JG and some AGM,

CA will have the same hopup mech, although not as good a quality as the Dboys one you you shouldnt have any issues there. The main issue you might incounter is the delta ring, sometimes the CA threading can be a little off compared to the universal sizing of other manufacturers and it means you need to give the delta ring a big of welly to get it on.

As for hopup rubbers, as already mentioned, the Guarder clear silicone is the best in my opinion. combine that with the Sportline barrel unless your spending on a new barrel. The CA one is decent and with a good cleaning and drying it'll perform very well.

What exactly is the end result you are after?
    Because if you are using the metal body and barrel from the dboys, you might as well just keep the dboys internals, there far superior to the CA ones. :)
    My gearbox is currently a classic army sportline version all i want to change internally is the barrel and hopup and because at the moment it has a plastic body the barrel has allot of wobble and i have tightened all the necessary parts and it still has massive wobble.I'm trying to get the most accuracy and power legally from my AEG i also want a heaver and sturdy er body i like dboys because of the bolt catch feacher and the price for a nice metal body plus Ive always liked the SPR look that dboys have.

Ah right,
    so are you plannign on buying a new Dboys receiver or using the oen you have as a doner?
    You'll find the dboys is a lot more tunable than the CA so if its the case where you want to part out the dboys, you'd probably be better off just getting a couple of upgrades and sticking with that.,

Ah right,
    so are you plannign on buying a new Dboys receiver or using the oen you have as a doner?
    You'll find the dboys is a lot more tunable than the CA so if its the case where you want to part out the dboys, you'd probably be better off just getting a couple of upgrades and sticking with that.,
    The only thing i want to keep from my CA is the gearbox,stock,pistol grip and motor that's it.All the new parts will cost 200 euro max

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

avoid raptors like the plague! especially if your getting a percision barel!

thermo wrote: »
    avoid raptors like the plague! especially if your getting a percision barel!
    May i ask why?

The pistol grip and stock will fit no probs. Not sure where yours is wired for the battery but it'll certainly fit on. :)

As for the gearbox, Spend some quid on a dboys one, I think its 30 for the entire box and then you can get 7mm bearings, shims etc to tune it up a little. The CA has 6mm shell but the tolerences are so far off that you usually need to hone them out a bit to get new bearigns in.
    The Receiver is only 34 euro shipped,
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/dboys-metal-body-troy-p-1886.html
    troy%20jg%20body1.jpg

They have the barrel for 19 euro too, Not sure if you want that or a longer one but the price is pretty much the same for them.
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/38cm-dboys-aluminum-outer-barrel-p-1212.html
    M4%20aluminum%20outer%20barrel1.jpg

Gearbox is 27 euro,
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/dboys-spare-gearbox-p-966.html
    Dboys%20M4%20spare%20gearbox%20(bi-15%20black)%20a.jpg

Thats about 80 quid and you can get pretty much everything to build the gun. :)

May i ask why?

They are really low quality BBs and have almost rugby ball shaped ones in there. If oen of them jams your gun and you continue to fire you could be looking at replacing the Piston, Gears etc.
    Stick to the well know brands, Excel, G&G, TM, ICS, KSC, Mabull and so on. :)

May i ask why?

They're fairly dodgy alright, the diameters are all over the place and tend to jam a lot. I tried them in my M4 with a stock barrel and accuracy was all over the place, getting misfeeds and jams. Avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

May i ask why?

because they are crap! poor manufacturing tolerances and visible seems cause loads of jams!

Does that gearbox have metal gears? sorry theres a problem with the pictures im trying to put up

I must be mistaken... I worked on two ca sportlines last week with plastic bodies... i remembered them specifically because i was surprised to see the oldschool hop unit... different model?

I believe the op is getting a dboys reciver and spr front, not using a donor aeg, or id recomend he keep it too!

Does that gearbox have metal gears? and this is the body and barrel kit i want to buy the body parts from http://http://www.ebairsoft.com/dboy-5381-forend-conversion-p-1103.html and http://http://www.ebairsoft.com/dboys-metal-body-engraved-colt-marking-p-2188.html

Yup, they have XYT gears and are a lot stronger than the CA ones, I used them in most of my projects, including one thats running 28rps. i love them, cheap and cheerful, and dependable.
    Your links aren't working though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yup, they have XYT gears and are a lot stronger than the CA ones, I used them in most of my projects, including one thats running 28rps. i love them, cheap and cheerful, and dependable.
    Your links aren't working though. :)

+1 recently bought one of these gearboxes, have bearings and a bearing spring guide included too:)

I'm not really into rate of fire and the gearbox that i have is all metal gears its decent for a beginner like me this will be my first full dissemble of an AEG.

Another benefit of having it shimmed and bearings in there is its quite too, it'll cycle faster on semi so you'll have better trigger response aswell., :)

Another benefit of having it shimmed and bearings in there is its quite too, it'll cycle faster on semi so you'll have better trigger response aswell., :)
    Now you've got my attention you say faster trigger response doesn't that also mean faster drainage of the battery Ive only got the standard CA 8.4 volt.Would it be ok to use the gearbox as standard? And where do the battery wires come out i want them to go into the stock because i don't have a carbine i have a full length M16A3 rifle

How long does it normally take for ebay airsoft to ship?And will that gearbox work with a standard CA long neck motor?

• Advertisement

Now you've got my attention you say faster trigger response doesn't that also mean faster drainage of the battery Ive only got the standard CA 8.4 volt.Would it be ok to use the gearbox as standard? And where do the battery wires come out i want them to go into the stock because i don't have a carbine i have a full length M16A3 rifle

No it means slower drain on the battery since the battery is working under less strain/ trying to turn over a gearbox that isn't as efficient as it could be drains the battery more.

As for the wiring, its optional, theres rear wired and front wired ones available. even if you cant get the one you need, its pretty handy to change it around if you are reasonably familiar with a gearbox. It might also have a spring in there that isnt suited to our limits so you'd be looking at installing an MS90 or similar before building the gun. with that it'll likely be around 310-320.
    The CA battery will work fine but again, its one of those things you get with the gun that isn't expected to last long, With every gun i always say the first upgrade is your battery. if you do want to get a new one, look at brands like Intelect, Sanyo, Firefox etc.

Advertisement