Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you used DCU student cards to get into UCD events?

Options
  • 27-09-2009 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Say, for a concert in the Student Bar?

I assume that a valid student card from any university would be accepted, but can anybody confirm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

deco1610 wrote: »
    Say, for a concert in the Student Bar?

I assume that a valid student card from any university would be accepted, but can anybody confirm?

You assume wrong. The events of a college are run for the students of that college, not for other students. To attend you need to be an active student or with someone who is as they are allowed to bring one non UCD student to an event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deco1610

Brimmy wrote: »
    You assume wrong. The events of a college are run for the students of that college, not for other students. To attend you need to be an active student or with someone who is as they are allowed to bring one non UCD student to an event.

Well as I'm an active UCD student, could I bring just one DCU student in with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Well as I'm an active UCD student, could I bring just one DCU student in with me?

Yup. You just need to bring your own student card and sign in for them so in for them just in case the northside ruffians damage property you'll be held responsible ;)

Brimmy wrote: »
    Yup. You just need to bring your own student card and sign in for them so in for them just in case the northside ruffians damage property you'll be held responsible ;)

Phew!:o That was a real worry for me there!!

Glad I asked that. Just one other question now, what do you mean by 'sign in for them'?

Meaning I just go up to the bouncers ahead of the DCU folk and tell them 'they're with me' or something preferably less cheeky than that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Just tell the bouncer to read your card backwards! :D

Not a gang, just 2 people. Thanks for the help lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Can you used DCU student cards to get into UCD events

If the guy who looks at it is dyslexic maybe :p