Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.S. Immigration at Dublin Airport

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

shortys94 wrote: »
    You think so? I was thinking that too but thought it might be better to say, I dunno

Never lie to immigration but there is no need to voluteer information either, i.e. the correct answer to the question 'do you know what time it is?' is 'yes'. Just say you are staying with a friend and take it from there. It's been 6 months since you were last in the US, you left on time then as did you on your trip last summer, add to that the fact that you have a college course to return to and I don't think you'll come accross as a risk for overstaying.

Obviously this is a serious relationship, if you think there is a chance you might want to immigrate on a fiancee visa in the future then save your boarding passes and tickets etc. for stuff you did together to use as evidence of your relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

basquille wrote: »
    Going to Miami for 10 days in a month.

Flight is early (about 7am) on a Sunday morning to Heathrow (where I'll be for an about two hours) before I depart for Miami - any idea of whether immigation will be in Dublin?

Did immigration at MIA (via LHR) last Oct and the lines were slow enough there. OH was texting while we waited & the officer came out of his booth and ordered him to put the phone away. Holy Moly.....
    Most of the UK passangers will be cruisers by the way - a bit of useless info for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

muint wrote: »
    Did immigration at MIA (via LHR) last Oct and the lines were slow enough there. OH was texting while we waited & the officer came out of his booth and ordered him to put the phone away. Holy Moly.....
    Most of the UK passangers will be cruisers by the way - a bit of useless info for ya

They seem very wary of using phones alright. i got shouted at last week in JFK for texting while waiting for my bags!

Advertisement