Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

With 5 days to go, are the Yes side confident?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Pull_a_tition

If Lisbon pass, only corrupted political establishment will win.
    There is no difference between Labour, Fianna Fail and Fine Gael now.
    They want to keep their nice paid jobs in Leinster House. Nothing else.
    If Ireland will say NO, they will take hit. Nobody will respect them in Europe.
    Everybody will ask them - do they represent somebody else or they represent just their backbenchers?
    NO Supporters are not best people in the world, but they are idealists. They have ideals. Political establishment doesn’t have any ideals, only deep pockets.

You can voat out the FF/FG/Lab in the next General Election.

This election is about wither IRL stays with GR/FR/IT/UK/SP/PL....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

nesf wrote: »
    You bunch of culture swapping sodomites?
    Hah, yes, that kind of thing :) It could be the most entertaining evening of the year, but of course it would be important to contain their ramblings to the Irish public and not let Europe know we're housing such lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Oh my..

PAT LYONS (67)
    Taxi driver

“I’ll be voting No because I think the Government is selling us out all the time in the EU. I have voted No in all previous EU referendums but I’m not against the EU per se.

“The way I see it the bureaucrats over there are just making jobs for themselves. They’re all in collusion with each other like the Government here. I think the No vote will carry again this time but it won’t be as big as last year.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭moondogspot

You can voat out the FF/FG/Lab in the next General Election.

This election is about wither IRL stays with GR/FR/IT/UK/SP/PL....

I can see why some will use their vote as a vote against the government. Why would they wait

until 2012? By then Fianna Fáil will have completely destroyed the country as if they haven't

done enough already. However, there is no guarantee that Fianna Fáil would call a general

election if Lisbon failed but their position would almost be untenable. By the way if Britain got

their way they would probably leave the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I can see why some will use their vote as a vote against the government. Why would they wait

until 2012? By then Fianna Fáil will have completely destroyed the country as if they haven't

done enough already. However, there is no guarantee that Fianna Fáil would call a general

election if Lisbon failed but their position would almost be untenable. By the way if Britain got

their way they would probably leave the EU.
    I said this in another thread:

Basically voting no just to piss off the Government is almost like saying okay mister, you're after punching me so the best way to get you back is to punch myself in the face.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Judging by the Irish Times poll and the most recent one today in one of the newspapers (forget which one) is it a foregone conclusion or do we still have to keep campaigning hard right up to Friday?

I'll be out untill the bitter end.

Advertisement