Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early mara 2010 and maybe someday even a sub 1:25 half and sub 40 10k.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

44.93 km @ 25.75 km p/h

I had lashing rain AND a ****er of a headwind THE WHOLE WAY. Was horrible weather. Still a handy spin all the same.

This week:

1. Running:
    3 miles
    2.Cycling: Bones of 90km
    3.Swimming:
    4.Cross training:
    60 min on the spin bike

Plan tomorrow is to get out for a decent run.

Doing the humpdy dumpty duathlon in october - nothing serious. 40km cycle and 6km run. Could do it now but will be good fun all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good luck, that sounds like fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Does that mean your not doing DCM this year? Triathlons all the way from here is it? There's always rotterdam or something next year i suppose. Are you following the tour de france? The Schleck Contador battle is fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

good stuff with the cycling UL, unfortunately for every tailwind there is a headwind. or even sometimes a headwind and just a cross wind:(

• Advertisement

Does that mean your not doing DCM this year? Triathlons all the way from here is it? There's always rotterdam or something next year i suppose. Are you following the tour de france? The Schleck Contador battle is fascinating.

I havn't really thought about Dublin too much. Te longest iv done so far since iv been back has been 7 i think but could have easily stayed out for longer. I just don't know if i have the confidence to get out and do long runs yet but maybe i also just need to stop pussying about and get out there. I know there's the one up north in december but if i dont do Dublin maybe next year around feb or Barca. Time yet i suppose.

Yup iv been vegging watching the tour. All ready for stage 17 today and got out early this morning for my run so i have the day free! pity about Roche. Not all happy go lucking in team Nicholas.
    kennyb3 wrote: »
    good stuff with the cycling UL, unfortunately for every tailwind there is a headwind. or even sometimes a headwind and just a cross wind:(

Cheers Kenny - still finding my feet with it.Yeah it was a return trip yesterday. It didnt feel like i had the wind with me at all cycling down but yesterday the wind and lashing rain was horrible. Even with the glasses it was still a pain

5.5 mile run am
    35min spin class in the pm
    communting on the bike to and from gym - bones of 9km

This week:

1. Running:
    8.5 miles
    2.Cycling: Bones of 99km
    3.Swimming:
    4.Cross training: 95 min on the spin bike

I am up and ready to go out the door ... just gotta finish the nice mug of coffee first.

EDIT: Also did a 40min spin class this afternoon followed by a paltry attempt at swimming 25 lengths in the pool to hit 500m which meant i also missed out on watching the tdf today. Funny looking swimming > or < than missing the tour? hmmmm

5.2 miles @ 7.24 avg min/mile.

First time iv timed myself since return from injury. Im very happy because this is the speed i was running at last autumn. In fact im very happy with this pace. It was not hard, not easy. It was just a good comfortable pace for me. It shouldn't be too long now before i start upping that. yayhay. I can only put it down to the magnanimous amount of spinning, pool stuff i did when i was off running.

This week:

1. Running: 13.7 miles
    3.Swimming: 500m
    4.Cross training: 135 min on the spin bike

http://www.runireland.com/events/clonakilty-duathlon - thinking off adding this to the list but it will require me coercing a friend who drives to bring me and me gear down. Ill see yet.

Iv been awake since about 5.30am. getting tired now. Back to the leaba.

• Advertisement

1 hour on the spin bike - 1st 30min kept HR 70%ish and second half hour threw in 5*1min sprints with 1min recovery and 5*30sec all out sprints followed by 30 seconds recovery.

This week:

4.Cross training:195 min on the spin bike

Plan tomorrow is longish run or a decent spin on the bike.

I have never really drank wine ... but im in the house all alone, with 3 dvds and there is no other alcohol and there is a bottle of wine called 'yellowtale' and im going to open it and see what happens. Stay tuned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

^ You'll need it to get over the Limerick footballers painful loss to cork:(

Just over 60km @ 29.2 km p/h avg pace. I really enjoyed it. Nice spin out by tipp and back, little drizzle, bit of wind on way back.

Irish roads are also a fcuking joke. ****ty roads.

This week:

2.Cycling: 160km
    4.Cross training:3.15 hrs on the spin bike

Monday: 30min on the spin bike followed by 3 sets of dead lifts, military press and barbell press ups. Stretches and core work after.

EDIT: Went out this evening for short run - 3.48 miles @ 7.42 min/mile. Took it handy. The humidity was unreal even though there was wind too.

This week:

Running: 3.48
    Cycling:
    Swimming:
    Cross training:
    30min on the spin bike
    S&C: 1 session

Just a shade over 4.5 miles early this morning 7.35 min/mile. Handy run. Glad it's over/ Nothing to report. Off to a spin class in a while with a friend then il be popping out to UL to the farmers market for carrot cake thanks to MarieC making carrot cake a constant passing thought in my head.

This week:

Running: Bones of 8 miles
    Cycling:
    Swimming:
    Cross training:
    30min on the spin bike

40min spin class done. Now to go and get some cake.

This week:

Cycling:
    Swimming:
    Cross training:
    70min on the spin bike

Nice easy spin today because i wanted to, in an unplanned and umprompt manner, wanted to get out on the bike.

25.61km @ 26.23 km/hr.

45 min spin class too.

This week:

Cycling: 25.61km
    Swimming:
    Cross training:
    1 hr 55 min on the spin bike

Yesterday i had a chronic hangover. Attempted to pop on the bike yesterday evening but after a few min out felt like i was gonna faint so went back home. Today i feel ****. Head pounding, sleeping all day long, sweating. Some flu or something. Hopefully it's a 24hr thing. Eating **** which prob is not helping. Hopefully ill be better tomorrow and get back out.

Just under 43km @ 27.3 km/hr.

Woke up this morning and head felt heavy but other than that i felt ok - having a big IBS attack at the moment. I can't even rub my upper abdomen without feeling pain and if i breath heavy i can feel it. Upper abdomen is very distended. Very uncomfortable. I put it down to eating too many trigger foods the past 2 days. If i feel up to it i will pop out for 3/4 miles this evening.

EDIT: Not long in from about 4 miles un timed. Right quad felt like it had a knot on it which i think could be down to me been right leg dominant on the bike. It goes back to my injury as my right quad became more dominant when on the bike to compensate for the injury on the left. It's something im going to have to address as the last thing id want is imbalances. More strength work and gonna have to start throwing in flexibility too so might start going back to fitness yoga or pilates.

This week:

Running: 12 miles
    Cycling: 68.61km
    Swimming:
    Cross training: 1 hr 55 min on the spin bike

• Advertisement

I have just signed up for an 8 week improvers swimming lessons. It starts next Wednesday and runs every Monday and Wednesday so i'm happy i actually did something to tackle on the swimming. Hopefully if i work on the swimming over the autumn and winter il be happy and confident with it for next year. 85e for the 8 weeks @ 2 lessons a week is not topo shabby i don't think.

40.16 km @ 28.32 km/hr

Kind of got lost but eventually came out at Boher and made my way back into Limerick.

Ill go for a run this evening for about 30min.

I am going to start doing a 40km cycle followed by 6km run every weekend to try and simulate close to what the duathlon will be like.

This week:

Running: 12 miles
    Cycling: 108.77km
    Swimming:
    Cross training: 2 hrs on the spin bike

Just in from a 6.5 km run @ 4:43 min/km avg pace. Handy old run. Throbbing headache which has stopped when i stopped running. Go figure.

This week:

Running: 16.04 miles
    Cycling: 108.77km
    Swimming: Nada - but intermediate 8 week swimming classes twice a week starting this Wednesday so there's hope yet!
    Cross training: 2 hrs on the spin bike

Squats, military press, bent over rows and barbell press ups followed by the same 6.5km route as yesterday. Core work when i got home.

EDIT: Did 30 min on the spin bike this evening watching the TV. Kept the HR in the high 130's/low 140's so nothing that killer but built up a bit of a sweat all the same

This week:

Running:
    6.5 km
    Cycling:
    Swimming:
    S&C/Core:
    1 weights session and core work
    Cross training: 30min spin bike

5.12 km this AM around 22/3 min. Just had HRM with me and didn't exactly time it but just went out at the pace i felt comfortable at.

Spin class this lunch time and another 30min on a lemond gym bike after - 70min total

This week:

Running:
    11.62 km
    Cycling:
    Swimming:
    Cross training: 1 hr 10 spin bike, 30min gym bike
    S&C: 1 weights session/ core work

Same 6.5kn this morning again un timed. Woke up at 6am, couldn't sleep and at 7 just went out for a run.

Go to a 40min spin class this afternoon and swimming lessons start tonight.

This week:

Running:
    18.12 km
    Cycling:
    Swimming: Start lessons tonight
    Cross training: 1 hr 50 spin bike total so far, 30min gym bike

Wow - mega actice today. 6.5k run, 90min on the spin bike and had swimming lessons this evening. Improvers class - focused on breathing, front stroke and breast stroke. Man i suck at breast stroke but my breathing and front crawl are much better. Few tips made a lot of difference. Just gotta not be so tense and let it flow and rmember that my arms move me too and to keep the hips up more.

This week:

Running: 18.12 km
    Cycling: 22km commute
    Swimming: 1hr lesson wed
    Cross training: 2 hr 40 spin bike total so far, 30min gym bike

AM: Jerk lunges 3x8, calf raises 3x6 each leg, clean deadlifts 2x8/1x6, bent over rows 2x10/1x6, military press 2x12 and assisted pulls 1xfailure: cannot remember how many i managed but it was not many.

40min spin class at 1.10 this afternoon and will do a few laps of the pool after to try and work on stuff from last nights lessons.

Off to Tipp today for meal for sis's 30th and back tomorrow so not sure what plan is. Hopefully collect bike tomorrow and if gotten early enough head out on that, if not go for a run.

This week:

Running: 18.12 km
    Swimming: 1hr lesson wed eve
    Cross training: 3 hr 10 spin bike total so far, 30min gym bike
    S&C: 2 weights sessions/ 1 core session

Got to the pool this morning before getting the bus back to limerick and stayed for 35min just going over stuff from the last swimming lesson. Wasn't really a work out per say just swimming a few lengths and correcting myself on technique. I was the only one in the pool ... i probably looked like a plonker. Deciding whether to go for a run or spin and will decide in the next 10min ...

Getting hands back on bike this evening hopefully and get a spin in the weekend and run too.

• Advertisement

Collected the bike this evening so will get out for a spin the weekend.

Did a shade over 8km @ 4.46 km pace earlier today and 30min on the spin on the spin bike this evening.

This week:

Running: 26.12 km
    Swimming: 1hr lesson wed eve/35min in the pool practicing fri morning
    Cross training: 3 hr 40 spin bike total so far, 30min gym bike
    S&C: 2 weights sessions/ 1 core session

Advertisement