Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early mara 2010 and maybe someday even a sub 1:25 half and sub 40 10k.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

42.2 km spin. 28.4 km/ph.

This week:

Running: 26.12 km
    Cycling: 62.2km
    Swimming: 1hr lesson wed eve/35min in the pool practicing fri morning
    Cross training: 3 hr 40 spin bike total so far, 30min gym bike
    S&C: 2 weights sessions/ 1 core session

12.18 km @ 5.05 km p/h. Nice handy run. It's very warm out and felt a litlle tired by the end.

This week:

Running: 38.30 km
    Cycling: 62.2km
    Swimming: 1hr lesson wed eve/35min in the pool practicing fri morning
    Cross training: 3 hr 40 spin bike total so far, 30min gym bike
    S&C: 2 weights sessions/ 1 core session

Monday - 5km run untimed early in the am, 30min spin class lunch time and swimming lessons in the evening. Worked on front and back crawl technique wit exercises focusing on each one. Good class. Gotta keep the legs up.

Tuesday - 6.5 km am and 30min spin class. Tonight will do strenght and core.

Left my bike cleats in tipp and can't get out on the bike until i get the back. Im so close to buying new ones - nice pair for 63e on wiggle as part of their sale

EDIT: tue evening - bent over rows/squats/military press/barbel press ups.

Today - 60min on the spin bike. Swimming lessons on this evening again.

This week:

Running: 11.5 km
    Cycling: 20km commute on the hybrid
    Swimming: 45 min lesson monday evening - front and back crawl technique with short drills focusing on breathing and technique/ 45min lesson wed evening
    Cross training: 2 hours on the spin bike (2 x30min, 1x60min)
    S&C: 1 weights session

Got out for a 9.02 km run early this morning at pace avging 4:54 km/mile.

Got a stitch half way through that was a right nuisance and my usual breathing technique didn't solve it like it usually does so i just fought on through to go home and was glad it was over.

I think i might pop to a pilates type class at lunch time and do a spin or pool after in UL or maybe this evening at 8.15. Im so not flexible anymore im like a friggin tree.

• Advertisement

No yoga or pilates but 70min on the spin bike - well 30 on bike in the gym and 40 in a class.

This week:

Running: 20.7 km
    Cycling: 32km commuting on the hybrid
    Swimming: 45 min lesson monday evening - front and back crawl technique with short drills focusing on breathing and technique/ 45min lesson wed evening
    Cross training: 2 hours on the spin bike (2 x30min, 1x60min), 70min on bike in gym/spin class

Friday - 6.5 km @ avg 4.47 km and evening spin class (1hr)

Sat - 45min spin class and did 500m in the pool after with a few short breathers. Something came together for me this morning and it was something as simple as extending my arm out further on the front crawl. I was able to better do my 3 strokes/breath more in sync and it made it much easier to swim for longer. Happy chappy i am now.

This week so far:

Running: 27.2 km
    Cycling: 32km commuting on the hybrid
    Swimming: 45 min lesson monday evening - front and back crawl technique with short drills focusing on breathing and technique/ 45min lesson wed evening/ 500M saturday morning
    Cross training: 4hrs 55min in total on the spin bike throughout the week

Im back to using miles for running - km's sucks donkey balls.

Anyway - jesus its ****ing roasting out. Should have brought some water with me.

Anyway - despite the really hot weather, longest run in a while, ran purposefully slower.

A touch over 9.6miles at 8:05 min/mile.

Back to my mocha now. Yum.

This week totals:

Running: 26.5 miles
    Cycling: 32km commuting on the hybrid - doesn't really count as training though
    Swimming: 45 min lesson monday evening - front and back crawl technique with short drills focusing on breathing and technique/ 45min lesson wed evening/ 500M saturday morning
    Cross training: 4hrs 55min in total on the spin bike throughout the week

Had a pint in the sun ... went to the gym and did 30min on the bike. Its the gym where i have the interview tomorrow, then did 200m in the pool after.

The life of a current unemployed bachelor eh.

Celebratory 6.5km run and 30min spin

Can't make swimming lessons tonight but gonna hit the pool and do 500m everyday im in the gym this week. It's the only way ill get better. Next lesson wed night. Plan to get out for two 45km rides on the bike OR 89k on 1 day instead of 45km 1 day and again the next.

• Advertisement

29.82 KM on the bike @ 27.52 km/hr. Had to change the pedals and took of ones for my cleats and put on the ones from my hybrid until i get ym cleats back. Nice spin and nice morning for it.

Going to an evening spin class tonight and WILL do 500m in the pool afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Just catching up now, glad to see your back and getting in great shape. Keep up the solid work and well done on the swimming, perseverance seems to be the key word.

Did spin class this evening and then got in the pool after. The pool seemed unusually cold. 120m in an annoucement over the intercom 'could all members please exit the pool area'. They had to close it off ... apparantly something wrong. oh well. tomorrow is another day.

WTD 16/8 - 22/8:

cycling: 30km, 12km commuting on the hybrid
    Running: 6.5 km
    Swimming:
    Cross training: 30min spin mon, 45min spin class tue
    S&C:

Food wise Tuesday:

Fat - 37.2%
    Pro - 21.5%
    Carb - 41.3%

AM: 6.5 km route again @ 4:52 pace - grand pace wise. I think it's time to up the ante a bit. the injury is behind me so i think i need to get my mind back in the safe zone and not be afraid to up the pace

30min spin with 5min increasing speed w/Resistance, 5 min steady, 10min @ 30 seconds sprint and 30 recover and 10 min faffing about. Followed on with spin class - was at the class of the person im replacing.

PM - Swim lesson. feel like iv gone a bit backwards - it just felt like an effort and im not used to these types of things not been natural. I feel natural running and on the bike nut feel like a twit in the pool. All i can do is hope that it clicks more the more i practice. I am really going to give a go at getting better over the winter.

4 weeks to clonakilty and anout 8/9 to humpty dumpty

WTD 16/8 - 22/8:

cycling: 30km, 20km commuting on the hybrid
    Running: 13 km
    Swimming: Swim lesson wed evening
    Cross training: 30min spin mon, 45min spin class tue, 70min total wed
    S&C:

food wise wed:

Fat - 35.3%
    Pro - 12.7%
    Carb - 42.5%

AM: Nice 5.6 km @ 5:05 min/km

65min spin bike - nice few sprints thrown in their too. Dexter was on in the background - brilliant tv show.

520m swim too. first 120m were grand but struggled after that. didn't feel right with the stroke, stroke,breathe sync. think i was breathing when my hand was under the water on the third stroke and when i adjusted it to breathe before i struck it all got easier. Even though its hard work and i feel like an idiot there is something i enjoy about been in the pool.

WTD 16/8 - 22/8:

cycling: 30km, 20km commuting on the hybrid
    Running: 18.6 km
    Swimming: Swim lesson wed evening, 520m thu
    Cross training: 30min spin mon, 45min spin class tue, 70min total wed, 65min thur
    S&C:

Plan for tomorrow is 45km and a swim in the evening and the same on sat.

I am anything but motivated to go for a cycle in this wind and rain ... gym it is! Spin and swim.

90min total on the spin bike today - 520m swim with a few stops. Kept it as fluid as i could but meh i don't know. I smell all chlorine like now. Fun times.

45km tomorrow at 7.30am no matter rain, hail or shine! The alarm is already set. Swim tomorrw sometime in the great sean memorial pool of tipperary. 45km return home sunday and a swim too. Heading out with 2 of the lads for 50miles on tuesday. All the above will prob go arseways - always seems to be the way when i plan things.

WTD 16/8 - 22/8:

cycling: 30km, 32km commuting on the hybrid
    Swimming: Swim lesson wed evening, 520m thu, 520m fri
    Cross training: 30min spin mon, 45min spin class tue, 70min total wed, 65min thur, 90min fri
    S&C:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Just found this thread now UL!

You have come on so much!

I just read your first marathon report. Its brilliant.

dolliemix wrote: »
    Just found this thread now UL!

You have come on so much!

I just read your first marathon report. Its brilliant.

Cheers Dollie. Sometimes i look back to Jan 2009 and i would have never even considered running a marathon or 10mile race or anything even though i kept fit and sure by the end of the year i had a 10miler, half and mara all ticked off. I think it was because athletics and its sports were so so foreign and i was a little intimidated by the unknown but its such a friendly community and you really dont have that comraderie in many soirts that you do in athletics to an extent imho. Then i look back 2,3,4 years ago when i wore 42" pants and never thought id even be slim or confident. It's comments like yours that make you think back and appreciate how far you come because it's easy to forget. Thanks.

Anyway - back to business. Today woke at 6am thanks to next doors house car alarm going off for about 10min. Decided to get brekkie so had a nice bowl porridge and lotsa coffee and at 8am did 44.71km @ 29.13 km/hr. Roads were fairly quit to Tipp and am quite happy with that time as i have not been spending much time out on the bike as i should be with the duathlons coming up. Was great to have that done, showered and having brekkie by 10am!

Currently on the internet in the excel theatre in tipp town and its like 1e for 15min internet acces - wft?? :confused::mad:

Did a swim in the pool here this afternoon - had great intentions to do like 750m but did 250m and then faffed about for a while :rolleyes: It was jam packed with too many little fookers too

WTD 16/8 - 22/8:

cycling:
    74.71km, 32km commuting on the hybrid
    Swimming: Swim lesson wed evening, 520m thu, 250m sat
    Cross training: 30min spin mon, 45min spin class tue, 70min total wed, 65min thur, 90min fri
    S&C:

Well il do the return trip tomorrow and i think il fit a short run in as im seriously low on running miles but sure i dont need mega mileage for the duathlons anyway but should sub some of my cross training for more runs and strength work!

60.75 km @ 28.65 km/hr

extended the 44km as i felt great and was enjoying the ride. The roads in Boher outside tipp town are a ****ing joke though for cyclists. The town actually doesn't have a proper road just pot holes that are so big they will destroy your wheel. grrr

By the time i finished i felt i could have gone for another 60km - felt great. glad its over with now though as the rain clouds seem to be gathering.

Either go for a shortie run in a while or to the gym to the pool for a swim

WTD 16/8 - 22/8:

cycling: 135.27km, 32km commuting on the hybrid
    Swimming: Swim lesson wed evening, 520m thu, 250m sat
    S&C:

• Advertisement

Went to the gym - did a 30min easy on the stationary chatting to people and letting the legs turn over. Did 520m in the pool afterwards. Happy with that. Something about been in the water that puts me at ease ... or something.

Total training WTD 16/8 - 22/8:

Cycling: 135.27km, 32km commuting on the hybrid
    Swimming: Swim lesson wed evening, 520m thu, 250m sat, 520m sunday
    Cross training: 30min spin mon, 45min spin class tue, 70min total wed, 65min thur, 90min fri, 30min sun easy
    S&C: Zilch - terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Great spin there on the bike UL, fair play

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Great spin there on the bike UL, fair play

Cheers Kenny - just one of those feel great training days.

Up fine and early in the AM this morning and cycled to the gym. Having not been on a treadmill in a LONG time i jumped on one ... 33.34 min later i had to hop off. Jesus the boredom. Not even AC/DC could keep me going. I threw in 4 all out sprints in that time though for 1 min with 1min recovery in between though so not a total waste.

400m swim after. Back to do a spin class in a while and will do another 4-500m in the pool again.

Did 2 back to back spin classes this evening - 30min followed by a 40min.
    Didn't do the swim after. :rolleyes:

WTD 23/8 - 29/8:

Running:
    Cycling:
    10km commuting
    Swimming: 400m mon
    Cross training: 30min treddie, 70min total spin on mon
    S&C:

Today was in the go the whole day pretty much getting ready for graduation tomorrow - picking up dry cleaned suit, shoes are shined, new shirt and tie and grad robes collected. Camera charged and tickets ready.

today - 6.5km run untimed, 30min spin bike followed by 400m swim am and then 40min spin followed by another 400m swim pm.

Im really just getting in the pool and swimming at the mo. Iv noticed i can go MUCH longer without having to stop now and seem to have bettered my breathing. I am very very slow though but i reckon that the more and longer i stay in the pool, speed will gradually increase.

Tomorrow morning grads are on in the morning, that will be followed by family meal then out with my class so lots of boozr will be had i imagine. My plan is to get up and do 1hr30 - 2hrs on the bike in the morning. i suppose il aim for 45-55km. May not happen though and may snooze the alarm instead but with the hangover on thursday it would be nice to have this in the bag.

WTD 23/8 - 29/8:

Running: 6.5km
    Cycling: 30km commuting
    Swimming: 400m mon, 800m tuesday (2x400m)
    Cross training: 30min treddie, 70min total spin on mon, 70min total on spin bike tuesday
    S&C:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Enjoy your day tomorrow and congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Enjoy tomorrow, and congrats! Post some spiffy suit pics :D

Tuesday morning - was up before 6am and did 47.47km @ 26.55 km/hr. was a nice easy recovery spin and lovely morning.

Dying today - il maybe get out for a spin and go for a swim tonight.

WTD 23/8 - 29/8:

Running: 6.5km
    Cycling: 30km commuting, 47.47 km wed morning
    Swimming: 400m mon, 800m tuesday (2x400m)
    Cross training: 30min treddie, 70min total spin on mon, 70min total on spin bike tuesday
    S&C:

I will go out for a cycle and not stay in bed ... i will go out for a cycle and not stay in bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ULstudent wrote: »
    I will go out for a cycle and not stay in bed ... i will go out for a cycle and not stay in bed

Famous last words :pac:

Sounds like you had a good night last night then ;)

Advertisement