Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early mara 2010 and maybe someday even a sub 1:25 half and sub 40 10k.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Should have text me I'd have met up with ya! I'm home now though so feck that. :pac:

Crunch do seem a little OTT though.

The gym was very swanky indeed - a fire keeping me warm, a giant ass chandeler hanging from the ceiling. She seemed fixated on me wanting to like bicep curls and tri ceps. It wasnt that the interview was awkward or went horrifically. I just don't think i fitted their brand for what they want. She made clear that 80% of members in there want to work their biceps and triceps and love isolation work so that's what would almost be expected of me programming wise. Whatever. I Know i have not got it anyway. I think they have a brand that they look for and i don't fit that brand. I knew i didn't but i need and want a job in Dublin. Back to my freelancing in Limerick which i do love though and at least im starting another spin on saturdays in UL in November. After the interview today i applied for another job in Dublin that had been posted up today and another in Galway. I will just keep on applying.

I was in Hueston and some old man sat beside me. I picked up Paula Radcliffs book in Easons and was reading it with my coffee and he just started talking to me out of nowhere about how Ireland romanticeses Michael Collins and how Michael Collins was an educated man who brainwashed the people. He then muttered something about Kids and the IRA to which i smiled. I then got up and pretended to take a phonecall and walked 15min down the road here to an internet cafe near the mueseum. Cna't even be left alone in the friggin train station!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Do the instructors in Crunch still wear shirts and ties? :pac:

Do the instructors in Crunch still wear shirts and ties? :pac:

They wear all black - matrix style!

Had planned to cycle to Tipp and back (88km total) but the bike needs a service. So im gonna get the 4 bus down and late bus back tonight and am now currently trying to motivate myself to get up out of bed and go for a run. Im watching last nights episode of the inbetweeners on line.

Paula Radcliffes book is a nice read. About 100 pages in but interesting. She comes accross as a really down to earth driven girl.

8.26 miles in 1.03.30

8.19, 7.56, 8.02, 7.45, 7.40. Picked it up for the next 3 miles as it felt a bit too easy 7.05, 7.08, 7.10.

Last quarter mile slowed down 2.19 then stretched and what have ya.

Lovely day out there for it. I had my light jacket on and long running toghts. Bit OTT as it never really rained but i thought it would.

Someone on here knows me - called me by my boards name when i passed. he was running too. I slowed down but we both went out separate ways - who is it?! Im all curious.

EDIT: did 30min on the spin bike later that night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

ULstudent wrote: »

Someone on here knows me - called me by my boards name when i passed. he was running too. I slowed down but we both went out separate ways - who is it?! Im all curious.

Not me anyway, wonder who it was. If your still on for that run Thurs, make sure we miss the schoolkids, if you can drag yourself out of bed that early:D. I bumped into st munchins exit time today again:rolleyes:

Are you still running on saturday?

• Advertisement

Not me anyway, wonder who it was. If your still on for that run Thurs, make sure we miss the schoolkids, if you can drag yourself out of bed that early:D. I bumped into st munchins exit time today again:rolleyes:

Are you still running on saturday?

Saw the guy alright - was down the trail we ran last week on the tarmacked part - guy with short medium black hair, mid to late 20s and wearing black shorts and tshirt. We both exchanged the nod and then he goes 'ULstudent?', i slowed down and was like 'yeah, hows the form' . He kept running opposite direction so i went on. Curious now i am. Internet famous :D

Fecking school kids - two on bikes past me by shelbourne taunting me that i wasn't going fast enough.

Yeah il plaster on a text on thursday.

Yeah still doing the run on sat - friend is doing it too so leave really early sat morning. Kettlebell workshop the next day will be interesting alright!

Pool today - 100m WU and 120m x6. The an aqua aerobics class started and i had to leave the pool. :mad:

45min spin

thought a spin this morning at 7 and back again this evening to teach.

got out for 5.7miles (had planned 4 going out) w/ 2 slow miles, 2 miles just hitting under 7 and the last 2.7 fairly slow as the stomach started going nuts. 45min total. Not feeling great tbh. Stomach in tatters. A few moments when i thought i might have to make a dash for a toilet or bush or something but luckily that wasn't the case. Been up most of the night with it.

taught class tonight and did 1k in the pool

Deffo coming down with something. feel pretty ****e. Prob doesnt help that i teach in a tiny spin studio where a couple of people are already sick and yet cominng to classes and in turn ,aking others sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Sick people need to stay at home and keep their germs to themselves!! :rolleyes: Lots of vit c and rest and hopefully you'll kick it.

• Advertisement

dosed up on 2gms vit c :) kill those ****ers out of my system!

An hour on the spin bike today followed by 500m in the pool. In and out. Feeling better today but tired and cold. Home to rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Ah being sick is crap. Hope you feel better soon, and good luck with the job hunting.

racheljev wrote: »
    Ah being sick is crap. Hope you feel better soon, and good luck with the job hunting.

Cheers - better today than yday. Not racing tomorrow - no funds and not feeling the best = prob not the best idea. And iv a 3.5 kettlebell workshop on Sunday in the IFSC so should be somewhat fresh for that.

Id say ill stay around here til xmas. I gonna have some classes coming up again soon so more time and money which is what i want. I thought i was a shoe in for going back to college next year for a Hdip or MA in Health ed and promotion or Occ therapy but if i got full time gym work + freelancing in Dublin then i could see myself not at all going back. Dublin the final aim anywho!

Thats too bad your not heading up tomorrow, you'll surely make the post marathon drinks anyway? Probably be home again next week if your going running one of the days.

Thats too bad your not heading up tomorrow, you'll surely make the post marathon drinks anyway? Probably be home again next week if your going running one of the days.

I have the plan to bring my bike up so people who want supplies carried can use me as a supply whore. Go up on the Sunday. See yet.

Swim this morning: 120m warmup, 120m x 5, 100m x 3. 1010m total.

Tempted to head out for a run in a while. either that or a spin.

I have the plan to bring my bike up so people who want supplies carried can use me as a supply whore. Go up on the Sunday. See yet.

I'l pay you to be my support vehicle, how does a euro an hour sound :p. Any chance you can collect my number from the RDS while you're at it.:D

Yesterday went to Dublin for a 3.5hr kettlebell workshop in the IFSC. My god the pain today. We covered a lot but it was a nice small group so got individual attention and big emphasis on form and technique. swings, single arm swings, clean and press, snatch, turkish get ups, windmills, different ways to do presses overhead and squats with the kettlebell and a few others as well. We did 2 workouts on top of that - a 6min and 7 min where it was full blast - real type metabolic conditionning work. Im like a constipated 70year old granny today. Its savage. walked away with your own agatsu training manual and kettlebell too. I will, 100% be incorporating 1-2 workouts a week with kettlebells since you can get a great workout in the bones of 20min.

Im gonna head back up and take a class again with the guy who did the workshop soon. He does classes throughout the week.

today - should have rest but didn't. Body sore but took it easy. 30min spin and 5.3mile run. My whole body aches so said id go slow for the run

and cooled down for the last .3 miles and stretched.

felt easy half way through, still felt easy when i increased the pace but thought it unwise to go any faster as il prob just delay or make my DOMS worse tomorrow. Tired now. Feet up and watch a DVD i think.

My DOMS has peaked today from Sunday. Went out at lunchtime along the banks of UL for what was a planned recovery run. 4 miles.

walked and stretched after.

Felt comfartable going faster as after 1st mile body felt ok but back to been achy again.

Plan is for Yoga this evening.

• Advertisement

Wed - 1k swim, thought a spin, 30min intervals on bike

Thu - 4 miles @ 8min/miles - all on grass, thought a spin, 1k swim (100m wu and cd with a couple 120m intervals

Fri - Up at 5.40am to help teach a tri bootcamp at 6.30am - little cycling, follwed by timed laps running finishing with some pool work, 30min spin that evening followed by 2 mile run for that 'brick' feeling

Sat - 60min spin followed by 21 min kettlebells - 3x6min rounds w/ 1min recovery (1min swing, 30sec single arm swing each side, 1min swings, 30sec snatch each arm, 1min squat and finishing with 1 min squat to overhead press). Foocking wrecked now, and slightly hungover still.

Catching up here

sun - 90min easy spin (some 44 kmish if i remember correctly)
    mon - 60min spin class, 5.2 mile run. Don't have garmin handy but were all mid 7's
    Tue - today got in spin class and 40min easy run without the garmin. Both calves tight as stride altered every since return from injury so lots of stretching and foam rolling needed.

Yoga, teaching a spin and swim tomorrow and thurs, fri if weather permits - get out on the bike for 2 hrs or get a run and swim in.

Are you still heading up for the marathon this weekend?

Are you still heading up for the marathon this weekend?

ehhhh no. don't shoot me!

Reason been is that i'm heading up the weekend after and moneys tight so i needs to keep my money for that weekend so i don't have to spend it like a monk. Also, might, just might be heading up to a fitness convention mid november too

Yesterday did 750m in the pool, thought my spin class that was actually pretty much on the bike for the thing and Fitness Yoga yesterday evening followd by 30min easy run sans garmin or HRM on the grass.

Reason been is that i'm heading up the weekend after and moneys tight so i needs to keep my money for that weekend so i don't have to spend it like a monk. Also, might, just might be heading up to a fitness convention mid november too

Fair enough, i won't shoot you, i'll get one of my relatives back home to do the donkey work, i know where you live :D

We've gone from 2 potential support vehicles with RQ and yourself to none, i guess i'm gonna have to carry all my own stuff now, boo-urns!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The NO SHOW strikes again! :p:(

The NO SHOW strikes again! :p:(

Sush you! Some of us are BROKEEEEEE. And if your not nice, i wont pass on any tiffin to Racheljev the weekend after at the workshop so SHOO. How i wish i was running though :(

So it looks like im heading to waterford 11th december for the half.

Today consisted of teaching spin, doing pilates, teaching spin, 5km run and walked about 20 bazillion miles. Those 20 bazillion miles should count on the 1000 mile challenge.

Insomnia. watching back to back episodes of Fringe, Maybe that's why!

Anyway - I think this log has run its course, It was supposed to chronicle a great 2010 and well, it did anything but that! It was a year that turned out to be the complete opposite than i could have imagined. A disaster! But i'm over that now. I think i am going to take a week or two off training all together, actually longer. Even throughout the injury i found myself over training on the bike and i have not really taken much of a break all year unless it was forced. I need some time off. Help my head and see where i want to go next.

I want to just enjoy running for running for the next while. 3:15 WILL be the next marathon goal, and next half mara goal is to beat my current 1:29:03. Sub 40 10k on the cards too. But, those can wait for a while. Il be in waterford in december, which won't (at this moment in time) be a PB attempt. I just feel drained, tired, never 100% since the whole summer on and i think some time off will do me some good.

Anyway - ill be up with a new log once i figure out what's next. Right now : that's rest. About time i gave my body that anyway.

Best of luck to EVERYONE doing the marathon next Monday! How i wish i was running it!! Looking forward to the reports.

Insomnia. watching back to back episodes of Fringe, Maybe that's why!

Anyway - I think this log has run its course, It was supposed to chronicle a great 2010 and well, it did anything but that! It was a year that turned out to be the complete opposite than i could have imagined. A disaster! But i'm over that now. I think i am going to take a week or two off training all together, actually longer. Even throughout the injury i found myself over training on the bike and i have not really taken much of a break all year unless it was forced. I need some time off. Help my head and see where i want to go next.

I want to just enjoy running for running for the next while. 3:15 WILL be the next marathon goal, and next half mara goal is to beat my current 1:29:03. Sub 40 10k on the cards too. But, those can wait for a while. Il be in waterford in december, which won't (at this moment in time) be a PB attempt. I just feel drained, tired, never 100% since the whole summer on and i think some time off will do me some good.

Anyway - ill be up with a new log once i figure out what's next. Right now : that's rest. About time i gave my body that anyway.

Best of luck to EVERYONE doing the marathon next Monday! How i wish i was running it!! Looking forward to the reports.

Taking a few weeks off might be a good idea, just be wary of losing your fitness. I guess it comes down to motivation, is the 3'15 marathon/ 1'29 half a bigger goal than becoming a triathlete, becoming a cyclist etc. I would say that Barcelona and other spring marathons might be a little too soon for you if your gonna take a few weeks off. Maybe the Mallow 10 mile is a more realistic target in January than a half in December. The main thing i noticed from your log is the lack of rest days, may i suggest 2 complete rest days per week in the future? Either way i'll look forward to your new log, the current one is a bit dated i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Hi UL, I think brianderunner makes alot of sense.
    Two weeks off is no harm and you won't lose much fitness in that time, just don't do a me and take too much time off, it's a bitch trying to get back to where you where. I've also made a few comebacks knowing that my heart wasn't in it and ending up back at the start again.
    Best of luck and enjoy the break.

Advertisement