Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early mara 2010 and maybe someday even a sub 1:25 half and sub 40 10k.

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Woddle wrote: »
    Hi UL, I think brianderunner makes alot of sense.
    Two weeks off is no harm and you won't lose much fitness in that time, just don't do a me and take too much time off, it's a bitch trying to get back to where you where. I've also made a few comebacks knowing that my heart wasn't in it and ending up back at the start again.
    Best of luck and enjoy the break.

Cheers. Yeah - i don't think i could handle anymore than 2 weeks off - im built to avoid resting like the plague! Which will just be to my detriment if i don't cop on!
    Taking a few weeks off might be a good idea, just be wary of losing your fitness. I guess it comes down to motivation, is the 3'15 marathon/ 1'29 half a bigger goal than becoming a triathlete, becoming a cyclist etc. I would say that Barcelona and other spring marathons might be a little too soon for you if your gonna take a few weeks off. Maybe the Mallow 10 mile is a more realistic target in January than a half in December. The main thing i noticed from your log is the lack of rest days, may i suggest 2 complete rest days per week in the future? Either way i'll look forward to your new log, the current one is a bit dated i suppose.

2 weeks will do me the world of good i reckon, wont be any longer than that. Id go crazy, 2 weeks is long enough for me! TBH after cycling for the summer and taking up some swimming and haven now sat down and thought about it, running is where the passion is and i will be pushing the cycling and swimming out of the way a bit if it means i improve my running . The marathon and half are my next goal and il work towards them and they should go hand in hand as in a good schedule for a marathon with racing a half in between should see me PB in the half and full. While i enjoy the cycling and the swimming, my heart lies with running. Has and will.

You're right about december of course, while il run it i wont be looking out for a pb and im not pb ready i think. You're also spot on regards rest. If i had taken a rest day + every week i wouldn't have gotten to where i am now.

Well, cheers again folk for the advice. Ill be back again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Bit of a break will do you good. You're still coming to Dublin next week for the Chi running course? Looking forward to seeing you there :)

racheljev wrote: »
    Bit of a break will do you good. You're still coming to Dublin next week for the Chi running course? Looking forward to seeing you there :)

Am indeed, see ya there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Rest day - yes.

Just on the running, before you get caught up in it and are running every day and going mad with the paces and getting carried away as we all do - make a plan, not a rigid one, but just one where you aint running 7 m/m everyday and end up injured again. 3 really easy days at least and 2/3 hard days at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

racheljev wrote: »
    You're still coming to Dublin next week for the Chi running course?

Tell me where? When where etc? Would love to do that....

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    Tell me where? When where etc? Would love to do that....

http://www.catherinamckiernan.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=3&tabid=877

Castleknock hotel - next saturday

Well, iv decided to start a new log, just prioritizing some goals at the moment. Loads in the head but i need to stick at one at a time and work towards that. Its gonna be shorter stuff for a while. Id really like to aggressively attack the half.

training in general is going well, the legs are fast at the moment. There were one or two issues (dominant side of the body, one side taking more pounding than the other) that iv worked on fixing and great progress has been made in that regards.

So, to start a new log and era of PBs it is. Fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Well, iv decided to start a new log, just prioritizing some goals at the moment. Loads in the head but i need to stick at one at a time and work towards that. Its gonna be shorter stuff for a while. Id really like to aggressively attack the half.

training in general is going well, the legs are fast at the moment. There were one or two issues (dominant side of the body, one side taking more pounding than the other) that iv worked on fixing and great progress has been made in that regards.

So, to start a new log and era of PBs it is. Fun.

Good stuff, your log has been a notable absentee from this place. I'll catch you this weekend if you're not working, if not over Easter.

Advertisement