Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early mara 2010 and maybe someday even a sub 1:25 half and sub 40 10k.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Catchmeifucan

Hi...St. Stephens Day 10 mile starts from Caherdavin community center usually around 10AM....alwaysa great crowd and atmosphere

Come on the Great Limerick Run.....the best news from Limerick in along time...can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Hi...St. Stephens Day 10 mile starts from Caherdavin community center usually around 10AM....alwaysa great crowd and atmosphere

Come on the Great Limerick Run.....the best news from Limerick in along time...can't wait

Is this a 10 mile race ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Yup village runner.

Couldn't have said it better catchme - excellent news for Limerick. About time! It will be some weekend.

ULstudent wrote: »
    Yup village runner.

Couldn't have said it better catchme - excellent news for Limerick. About time! It will be some weekend.

Keep me posted on that. I could do the 4 miler in clonmel or drive 2 hours to Limerick and back.Is htere a website ??
    Depends on the family and if i put in a good performance xmas day. 4 weeks away so alot of miles to do.
    How do oyu feel your training is going and what are your goals for 2010 ? I want high one not ones you know that you will beat.

Keep me posted on that. I could do the 4 miler in clonmel or drive 2 hours to Limerick and back.Is htere a website ??
    Depends on the family and if i put in a good performance xmas day. 4 weeks away so alot of miles to do.
    How do oyu feel your training is going and what are your goals for 2010 ? I want high one not ones you know that you will beat.

No website that i know of VR. Afaik it's the limerick county open road championships. ill nip over to limerick ac webpage and see if there is anything there.

to be honest at the moment i kind of feel the training is in limbo. i have a programme that ill be following from january onwards so gonna keep running away till then. there are so many hings that i want to achieve next year that i know i will have to prioritise a few.

Im not sure what time to set for the nest marathon. sub 3:30 goes without saying bu i don't no if i sould set 3:20 or 3:15. macmillan says 3:11 or someting like tat based on te half.

• Advertisement

No website that i know of VR. Afaik it's the limerick county open road championships. ill nip over to limerick ac webpage and see if there is anything there.

to be honest at the moment i kind of feel the training is in limbo. i have a programme that ill be following from january onwards so gonna keep running away till then. there are so many hings that i want to achieve next year that i know i will have to prioritise a few.

Im not sure what time to set for the nest marathon. sub 3:30 goes without saying bu i don't no if i sould set 3:20 or 3:15. macmillan says 3:11 or someting like tat based on te half.

Start the program now and get in a few sessions. Its only 14 weeks from jan to Rotterdam. Get your base up high and a few long runs in. I got two long runs in over the xmas period last year. If you eve n looked at a ten km 5 week schedule although a couple of 15 milers wont do you anything. Even 15 miles in 2 hours(8min) in 2-3 weeks would do you no harm. See where you are at.

10.26 beautiful miles this afternoon in just under 1:16.
    Avg pave 7:24 min/miles. Effortless and just one of those great confidence boosting runs. Thought i went out under dressed with my medium length cycling shorts under my regular running shirts and the dublin mara T but the conditions were perfect. Not too windy or cold and apart from a little rain i glided through the whole run. I felt like i could have done ten more. Very happy.

Its the UL arena night night out in the arena sports bar tonight so drinks will be had and then hopefully (head permitting) i will get to the gym in the morning at 9 before college.

30min intervals on spin bike this morning. fairly high intensity. Nice heart rate going. Hills, sprints. Great session.

In library now after college, where we were testing our body fat % with callipers. Lots of pinching marks all over me now!

Gonna go to gym soon and do some flexibility again, foam rolling etc. Whatever tickes my fancy really.

Back on the proper eating now. Post dublin my diet has been very disjointed. Now that its exam time i do better with regular eating patterns etc so ill log food here time to time.

2 apples, banana, 500mls milk.
    3 egg omlette with ham peppers and mushrooms. 2 slices macambridge and butter
    200gms figs.
    had a coffee and cappachino too.
    Have dinner when i get home

Some of the lads were supposed to call over tonight for some drinks but that plan went to **** so had the evening to burn free .... so went to the gym. Did 30min moderate cardio followd by around 25min stretching assisted with dynaband where possible. Got through quads,hams,IT,groin,calves,back of the legs, back and one or two others. Foam rolled the IT band, hams, quads, calves and back briefly too.

Didn't have any dinner after though
    45 gms oats with milk and threw in some nuts and seeds and 3 tbl spoons peanut butter and mixed it in.
    milk with a butlers chocolate mixed in. Nom

Watching x factor.

Did a tad over 9 miles today in 1:06:11. Avg pace 7:17 min/mile. Avg HR was 148. Nice run. Not much effort at all. Im finding it much easier running in this weather and i think that my pace i ever ever so slightly getting faster which i am very pleased with.

Training this week:

Mileage - 38 miles

Lots of gym work in there too in form of cycling, flexibility etc.
    Good bit of work done but very disjointed. Time to clear up and re focus.

Food today so far:
    2 weetabix, milk, mixed seeds.
    2 slices wholemeal with butter and jam pre run. Coffee
    stir fried noodles with prawns, pork,peppers, mushrooms, brocilli
    glass milk.

• Advertisement

Fantastic day for running. Sunny, real wintery see your breath. Loved it.
    Said id go out for 6 or so miles.

Did 10.12 nice easy pace. 1:18:11.
    7:42 avg pace.

Feel great and energized now.

Yesterday evening also did 25 min on the spin bike a few hours after the run.

Today - 45 min spin this morning. Great class. Drippoing after it. Pilates in a while.

Tomorrow - 6-8 miles and fitness yoga

Thurs - 7k limerick winter race series.

Fri - Cross train of some type

Sat - Either corss train or run

Sun - 12-15 miles.

That's the plan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

Thurs - 7k limerick winter race series.

That's the plan anyway.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the 7k is cancelled this week because of exams in UL...

Edit - sorry, it's actually the race on the 10th which is cancelled! Hi-vis are go on Thursday, I repeat, hi-vis are go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

With the amount of spinning you are doing, will you be getting a bike in the spring?

MCOS wrote: »
    With the amount of spinning you are doing, will you be getting a bike in the spring?

I have given it some thought since about September and still don't know. I know for sure that i will get one ... eventually. I suppose the sooner i get one the sooner i could get out their cycling. I know the LTC do rides for beginners from the parkway every sunday (i think anyway). I would really have to do my work though as i don't know a whole lot about bike mechanics etc.

And in case people are wondering why i spend so much time on a spin bike (Sometimes more than what is put up on here) is that on study abroad in the states last year i did a weekend course with Schwinn that certified you as an instructor(i had previously been spinning like a loon for about a year). The state universities over there in the college gyms like to hire students as they can pay them for cheaper and i got the opportunity to teach for about 6 weeks. Just fell in love with spinning and teaching. Back here you need an exercise to music qualification to teach (which i currently do part time) ... so so i have always kinda spinned like a loon.

Little adjustment to the training plan already: around 9pm last night i felt crushed with the workload from my exams as well as the weekend course i do that i had to get out of the house so went out for 4.4miles and felt a little less burdened when i got back.

Gonna go out for an hour this afternoon. Nice easy pace and enjoy it (so i can sort out my head even more and try to come up with some brillant ideas for this 50% assignment due in on friday. It's only 2000 words though so shouldnt be too hard ...:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Best of luck with the study and the assignment. You'll get 2000 words done in no time.

Cheers Blueskye - 655 words so far of pure and utter ****e!

This afternoon - just under 9.3 miles in 1:07:44.

Avg pace - 7:17 min/mile.

People keep telling me to stop training until after the exams but i can't - it's my only escape at the moment! keeping me sane!!

Add another 4.5 miles to the list for today. Bout 9.30pm tonight i went out with a friend and did a few easy miles. Would have been around 8:30 min/miles if not more judging by the run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Keep training I say. I think the only thing that got me through my last year of study was being able to hit the roads for a run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Blueskye wrote: »
    Keep training I say. I think the only thing that got me through my last year of study was being able to hit the roads for a run.

+1, 4th year would have been a whole lot worse if I hadn't been able to get out and run regularly.

• Advertisement

+1, 4th year would have been a whole lot worse if I hadn't been able to get out and run regularly.
    Blueskye wrote: »

Too true. I am now on 1050 words of pure and utter ****e! Half way there. 2000 words is nothing if you think about it but its the fact that its worth 50% of a module thats worth 6 credits of my degree and in easy to understand terms - that's quite a lot! So if anyone knows of sociological perspectives that highlight how the media/family/education aggravate a risk society leading to anorexia nervosa in young adolescent girls: give me a shout please ;) It's the sociological theories that are rightly putting me off and for those who did sociology will know this all too well. This is one area i cannot rely on Karl MArx. Damn you Marx!

Now off to study anatomy for fridays exam. EEK! Why i choose a weekend course too is beyond me. Hopefully it will all be worth it!

2000 words done but still not finished. EEK. About 400 to go and then i can chop it about.

7.6miles this afternoon just under an hour. Didn't bring the watch with me so don't know what. Just wanted to run. 5 consecutive days running, 35miles down. Ill cross train the next two days to give the legs a brake and do an LSR on Sunday. Planned on cross training today but couldnt get out of the bed this morning. Seems my body is catching up on rest it needed. Fotness Yoga tonight and tbis essay to finish and anatomy to study in the meantime. Fun times.

2600 words done on my assignment. 600 over. EEK! Just have to put together a reference list and proof read etc. Can be done in the morning. Studied some anatomy too. Not too shabby.

Did a spinning class tonight at 7.15 followed by a tad bit of core. Didn't stay for fitness yoga. Went to campus computer labs and studied. Fun times. Roll on the 12th when im finished sp i can get a bit phished.

Plan for tomorrow - up at 7.15 : cross train - fix essay - study all day for my anatomy test that's on tomorrow evening with coffee and some such substances!

30 min intervals on the spin bike early this morning followed by finishing my assignment, studying anatomy, sleep, a little more anatomy. Had a cracking headache a while ago and the minute i had coffee it went. Then i realized that i hadn't had coffee in about 2 days, which never happens me and i realized the fact that this is not good! Maybe i will have to scale back my coffee and ween down :( I seem to want to do nothing but sleep lately and i don't know why. Catching up on lost zzzzzs probably.

60 min intervals on the spin bike today broje into 30min am and 30min pm followed by foam rolling.

9 miles today in 1:07ish i think

8 miles today. Im having some toe pain in my baby toe and the toe beside it so will take it easy the next few days and cross train and re assess from there.

9.08 miles today. Having a mild aneurysm at the moment about tomorrows economics exam. Fingers crossed, touch wood and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good luck with it! I'm feeling the same way about my Numerical Analytics exam on Friday...

• Advertisement

Numerical analytics vs economics ... you win!!

Advertisement