Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early mara 2010 and maybe someday even a sub 1:25 half and sub 40 10k.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

90 min spin on the bike today broken into 45min in the morning before exam and evening spin class which was an absolutely savage class.

wrote 24 pages for my economics today - had was numb after. now to look back over healthcare sociology for tomorrow - exam is on at 9am. fun times.

Gonna go for a run soon. thinking 8-10 miles. see how i feel.

10.77 miles at a nice 8min mile pace. Effortless. Felt great out there.

25min on the spin bike later followed by 15min stretching.

60min on the spin bike and a 4 miler before college this evening.

Last exam in the morning - histiography. Yes ... it's as bad as it sounds and i have more study to do for it now. Im ****ing deranged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

ULstudent wrote: »
    Last exam in the morning - histiography. Yes ... it's as bad as it sounds and i have more study to do for it now. Im ****ing deranged.

*just back from google*, ouch, it does sound bad :)

• Advertisement

11.8 miles in 1:31:30

30 min spin mid morning

4.32 miles in 30min this evening. Nice easy recovery run. Very enjoyable.

Mileage w/e 13/12/09:

Just over 47miles (8+9+10.77+4+11.8+4.3)

Other:

180 min on the spin bike.

AM: 5.4 miles

Heading out with a friend soon and will cover around 4+ miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

180 min on the spin bike.

:eek::confused::eek: 3 hours on the spin bike??!!!

• Advertisement

MCOS wrote: »

haha - not all at once though ... through out the week in segments of 30 - 60 min a pop.

Ended up doing 4 hons solo:mad: not my friends fault though - she got a call from work. left hers and did a loop around to mine. 4 miles bang on the money.

Now that i have no exams left and college is finished for the hols i have no choice but to start cleaning up my room. There are 2 single beds in it and i use one bed as my desk - i can't remember what colour the carpet is on the floor as its under a haze of clothes and paper and well a cluttered room has led to a cluttered mind. I also made the mistake not so long ago after a run in the rain to put my 1000 mile socks on the rad on my room and when they dried they left a sweaty sock smelling smell in my room according to my house mate which hasn't been a problem yet as no ones been brought back here but well .... it's time to sort this **** out! Wish me luck :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

MCOS wrote: »

Over the whole week I think.

7.15 am spin class this morning. Gonna head down to the gym in a bit and do a full body workout - been a while since i touched weights :confused:

did some circuits last night too.

Full body workout yesterday: sore today - more bike in the evening before i helped teach a step aerobics class.

Today: Afternoon did 9.4 miles at 7:05 min/mile. Upped the pace for this but i felt great and my body coped well,

After work this evening i did 30 min on the spin bike, Foam rolled after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Some great runs there, amazing you can keep up the running during exams, i just had to shut everything down during mine. Are you doing the 10 miler on stephens day? you should be on course for 65-66 mins if you are.

Training was the only thing that kept me going through the exams.

Yeah im doing the stephens day 10 miler. Can't pass down a race that's only 15min from my doorstep. I have been reallly happy with my training since dublin. I feel like im making some headway so i feel like its worthwile.

I don't know about 65-66min but ill be happy once i maintain my previous time 69:44

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Training was the only thing that kept me going through the exams.
    Ditto, nothing like a good run to destress you :)

Ditto, nothing like a good run to destress you :)

or act as a tool for further procrastination ;)

Are you finished yet or still have more exams tomorrow/sat? How are they going?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Finished tomorrow, I'm free at 2pm! :)

They're going alright so far, I'm just tired at this stage and looking forward to the break. Christmas = sleep for me. :)

Friday i went out for 10 miles. ended up at 10.4. Both friday and thursday im pretty thankfull that i decided to do a double loop around my house instead of a loop i normally do which is to the other side of the city and back. Im thanful as on both days mid run i got really bad tummy problems and knew i had to go both days and just made it by the skin of my teeth to the toilet both time. thursday it it happened 4 miles in and yesterday 5 miles in. just thankful i was near home. Hate having to break the flow of a good run.

Just about to head out for a sneacky 4 mile now. Did 30min intervals on te spin bike earlier. Staff xmas party tonight so nice meal and few drinks to be had! stood on the scales today. 69kg - put on 2 kg since dublin. BOOOO. i knew i had put on a bit though. doesnt bode well for xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Roughly the same weight as me - I'm between 67 - 68kgs atm. Have you done teh Stephens day 10 miler before? I think MCOS is running it this year as well. I'll be up north so can't, which is a shame.

Roughly the same weight as me - I'm between 67 - 68kgs atm. Have you done teh Stephens day 10 miler before? I think MCOS is running it this year as well. I'll be up north so can't, which is a shame.

Nope - this is my first time doing the stephens day ten miler ... although will it be going ahead if its still as icy as it is now?

Anyway - back to training - sunday was a rest day. did 5 miles. even if i wanted to pick up the pace i couldnt because

1.it was wayyy to icy out
    2.i was very hungover ... even though it had turned 6pm.

Today:

4 miles am in the snow - nice run/ lovely out and i was running faster than all the traffic. 60min on the bike broken into 30 midday and 30 this evening. I was going to help teach in a step aerobics class after that but it wasnt busy enough for me to poo in and help teach so i ended up doing the class.

Stock take in work tomorrow. It's gonna be horrible!

Just shy of 13 miles today. How i managed to do that distance is just beyond me in this weather. Didn't time it but i think it was around 1:50ish . had to take it handy for fear of falling. For those familiar with UL i started at the back of the arena, down the riverbank. This was more icier than snowy than i thought it would and one or two troubley spots but ok otherwise. This then brought me by absolute hotel where i turned around and came back the way i came. Got back to UL down to the front gates and from there down into the business park up to castletroy college down to groody roundabout eventually making my way back to the arena again. Just was watchfull of the paths and at parts ran at the edge of the road. Nice run.

Just over 8 miles in 1:01 today. Getting used to getting funny looks of passer byers and people driving by in cars.
    That's it for running till the stephens day 10miler. Do some spinning tomorrow and day of rest the 25th and then hopefully all will go well on sat morning.

This evening it was either going to the gym and do 30min intervals on the spin bike or not go. When i worked it out rationally in my head i could suit up go out and do 4miles and shower and be done in 45 min or i could suit up make my way to the gym, shower and go back home which would take well over an hour so i decided to save time to go out for the 4miler. 4 miles untimed

So today - 8 miles afternoon and 4 miles pm.

2 x 30min intervals on the spin bike today. Sprints, hills ... all good. Town was packed. HMV was horrific but im at home now with a stella watching TV.

HAPPY CHRIMBO EVERYBODY.

Get up early in the morning and get 30min again on the spin bike and then enjoy the whole day and extreme carbo load for the ten mile race stephens day;):p

Merry christmas all and happy birthday Jesus!

Did a handy 30min on the spin bike this morning while watching the lion the witch and the wardrobe.

Now looking forward to stuffing, ham, turkey, carrots and parsnips and roast potatoes followed by 2 helpings of trifle. oh nomnomnomnomnom.

Enjoy the day all. Its another 365 days away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Happy Christmas ULStudent. Enjoy the food!!

No 10miler this morning as far as i know so back to bed for another few hours and got up and did 7.5 miles in 57:53. Avg pace was 7:42. It was without a doubt much more dangerous today than the runs i did on sunday, monday and tuesday ass there was no snow and all ice. stayed to the roads for all of it. Paths were a no no.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've been out in the car with the mammy and once you get out of my area the paths are fine, it's just the 40 min or so walk I'd have to do to get there? :( Worse than being injured this, it's been all ice where I am, you're lucky you had snow.

Advertisement