Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early mara 2010 and maybe someday even a sub 1:25 half and sub 40 10k.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Yesterday evening did 30min on the bike before going for a few scoops.

Today did just under 8.5miles in 1:02. Plan is to do 30min on the spin bike in a while too.

Yesterday went as planned. Spent the morning watching district 9 and the new star trek movie. Then plodded out for 7.5 miles in 55.30 and that was with 2 annoying traffic light stops so not too shabby.

Time to watch more movies. Next up: i love you,man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

District 9 was a very odd movie but I liked I love you man. I've also been having a movie fest. Watched Broken Embraces last night and caught up with all the epidsodes of House latest season.

Blueskye wrote: »
    District 9 was a very odd movie but I liked I love you man. I've also been having a movie fest. Watched Broken Embraces last night and caught up with all the epidsodes of House latest season.

I thought district 9 was also weird ... it wasn't a bad movie but it was weird. Gotta love house. Broken embraces? *off to wiki*

I did an moderate 30min on the spin bike tonight at 9 followed by a savage self cooked if i must say so myself omlette. iv gotten kinda drunk on baileys now. yay or shame?

• Advertisement

8.6 miles at 7:05min/mile pace. Second half i was going against a mega strong headwind but was determined to kep pace up as best i could. Nice run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Rio 2016

Your ten mile PB must surely be in for some revision now. I hope that I will see you on New Years Day.

I fecking hope so anyway. I feel like i have a good base of training behind me and the running is much more consistent now than when i did the ten miler in August. Hopfully it will stand to me.

Hope to be there new years day anyway. dont plan on drinking new years eve but will still enjoy a night out somewhere.

Unscheduled rest day today. Unplanned drinks in town with friend last night.

Finished 2009 with a tad over 9 miles today. Untimed but at a brisk pace.Going out tonight. End 2009 in style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Happy new year ULStudent!

• Advertisement

Another trainingless day today - went out last night. I'm not a big drinker at all so 2 big days of alcohol in the same week has left me feeling eeky. Could barely stomach dinner today. Anyway the 2 days off training over the hols did my body some good as i rarely take a rest day, because i rarely feel the need. Anyway Long run tomorrow.

Happy new year ART boardsies and to anyone who has read over and posted here. Thanks for the advise from everyone this past year. It has really helped. 2010 here we come.

Something very wrong here and i don't quite believe it.

mapped and re mapped my run and it is indeed touching 11.5 miles and my polar recorded this in 1:18:32 which equates to 6:47 min/miles. I really don't think this is possible for me yet. Either i miscalculated somewhere or it is right. hmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Maybe its right, you always get days where it feels effortless, you should run in mallow next week (if its on) and test yourself now while your fitness is peaking.

p.s. did you run on the bank today in UL, the best i've ever seen it, only problem is those pesky dogs.

You'll run about 65 mins flat for 10 miles now.

Just wondering if you do any intervals or tempo runs because that is what will bring you up to the next level.

Maybe its right, you always get days where it feels effortless, you should run in mallow next week (if its on) and test yourself now while your fitness is peaking.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/RITCHI%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.jpg[/IMG]p.s. did you run on the bank today in UL, the best i've ever seen it, only problem is those pesky dogs.

It wasn't the easiest of runs but was not so hard that i felt i had to slow down. It was a great run though, one of those that come once in a blue moon.

Yeah, that was me alright i passed by the riverbank. There were lots of dogs today alright. It can be fierce annoying trying to dodge them.

Yeah i was looking into either mallow or dungarvan since i can't do ballycotton. If i can make my way down next weekend, i will. Id love to see what i can do right now.
    Rio 2016 wrote: »
    You'll run about 65 mins flat for 10 miles now.

Just wondering if you do any intervals or tempo runs because that is what will bring you up to the next level.

To be honest i should be doing a lot more speed work. Havn't done any in a while now. West Limerick track sessions are back on tuesday the 12th in UL afaik so i am going to head back. I was also thinking of incorporating mile repeats into my training. I def. need to do more training sessions where i really feel the burn.

Broke in a new pair of kayano 15s with 7 miles ticking on 50min. I seem to be on a roll. Not gonna question it in fear that it will rush away.

another 4 easy miles tonight!

The past few days seem to have taken a bit of a toll on the old quads - some DOMS going on now at the moment.

Ice Baths

7.3 brisk, untimed miles this afternoon

• Advertisement

Back in te gym this evening: spin class followed by 15min circuit: 30seconds work intterval followed by 15 seconds rest interval. Included star jumps, mini hurdles, skipping, ladders, burpees, tricep dips, shuttle run, plank, pushup, bodyweight squats and lunges.

Lots of training logs buzzing about - good sign i suppose.

7.15am spin class this morning. Nothing else to report. Was looking foward to doing the winter limerick race series 10k this thursday but the bastardised weather means it will not be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

ULstudent wrote: »
    Lots of training logs buzzing about - good sign i suppose.

7.15am spin class this morning. Nothing else to report. Was looking foward to doing the winter limerick race series 10k this thursday but the bastardised weather means it will not be happening.

looks like that is the way all over the country, all races are been cancelled. This damn weather truely tests the motivation of even the most dedicated runner :confused:

Speedy44 wrote: »
    looks like that is the way all over the country, all races are been cancelled. This damn weather truely tests the motivation of even the most dedicated runner :confused:

This weather is really staring to grind at me. I mean my training has not been affected yet at all so in that respect i am lucky. On the other hand, my running fitness has seemed to hit a new peak so it would be an ideal time to get a race in, but mother nature, it seems, is on her menstrual cycle. GRRRR ARGHHHH and other assorted angry noises

Did more spinning again yesterday.

Today the plan is to go out easyish for an hour and spinning class and yoga tonight.

It's freezyballs outside.

Did 8.6 untimed miles this afternoon. Took it grand and handy to give the legs a slight break. All the runs of the past week or more have been catching up on them. the roads and paths around were much more dangerous than before and during xmas ut it was still runnable out there. Its fairly freezyballs out there!

Left achilles niggling me since run today so plenty of foam rolling.

Evening did 30min intervals on the cross trainer followed by fitness yoga. Whatever flexibility i had gained before xmas is well and truely gone!

Achilles still slightly niggly so gonna lay off the roads and gym if for the next few days. Get plenty of stretching and foam rolling too. Foam rolled it this morning and defiantly sore but felt a lot better after.

30min intervals on the spin bike this morning.

Going to the gym for an FYP break midday woth friend - will do 30min CT and pilates. If i dont do pilates this afternoon ill do fitness yoga tonight.

Slight change to todays plan - ended up doing the CT and then did spin class this evening. I will fit in fitness yoga saturday morning.

Pay day tomorrow.Can't fookin wait.

• Advertisement

2x30min on the spin bike today.

Session 1: high cadence, speed, sprints.
    Session 2: Lower cadence, higher resistance, hill climbing.

Heading down to the gym with a friend tonight so ill fit in some crosstrainer and resistance work.

Advertisement