Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fire At Ryan's Parkgate St.

• 27-09-2009 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭

Heard a rumor that there was a fire and it is now closed for a bit- anyone know the story???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

I drink there. Lovely old pub. Please no. Where'd you hear this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shona87

It's true, I work there and was there on friday when the fire happened. Luckily nobody was hurt but damage is pretty serious. It'll be at least a month before bar is reopened and probably longer until the resto upstairs is fixed!
    Don't worry though, when we open again we'll still be serving the best pints in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

shona87 wrote: »
    It's true, I work there and was there on friday when the fire happened. Luckily nobody was hurt but damage is pretty serious

Hi. I moved into Rialto a year ago and have been drinking in Ryan's a good few times, been to FXB above a few times as well. It's only fifteen mins walk from our apartment and much nicer than the other local pubs.

Do you know where the fire started - was it in the kitchen upstairs? A lot of wood around to burn! Hope to see you guys back in operation soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭kingofcastle

Please tell me this is a viscous rumour, they do a lovely pint in this battlecruiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,549 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The rumour is not viscous, but you might be, given post #3 above! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

shona87 wrote: »
    It's true, I work there and was there on friday when the fire happened. Luckily nobody was hurt but damage is pretty serious. It'll be at least a month before bar is reopened and probably longer until the resto upstairs is fixed!
    Don't worry though, when we open again we'll still be serving the best pints in Dublin!

Thanks for the update Shona.

Very sorry to hear that the fire did serious damage. At least no one was injured. It's a great pub with very friendly staff. I work close by and we use it for company booze-ups and after-work drinks :).

Hope it's back in action soon.

~Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭gmf1024

Does this mean the will be a fire sale of fine beer/wines/ports ?
    Rochefort 8, IPA etc.

Please get reopened ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

Got back from holidays last weekend and walked past it from heuston station and saw that it was closed.Just seen now that there was a fire ......great pub and great restaraunt , shame to hear this.At least no one was hurt !!

Advertisement