Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing Kingspan K7 panels?

Options
  • 27-09-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Have been to my local B&Q, homebase & atlantic homecare... none of the staff had a clue what i was talking about. Do I have to get them from real builders providers? Have checked the brooks, chadwicks websites - not much info.
    If so where would you suggest (Dublin West / North County).
    How much are they per panel?
    What dimensions are the panels?
    Don't have a trailer or van...

Sorry for all the questions but I'm dog sick of trying to get this sorted... the british diy places treat irish customers like crap, went to b&q looking for an alternative that was on the uk site... oh we don't have that (knauf 100mm combi), if you drop back after christmas we might have it... homebase had it but it was twice the price you pay in the uk.

Nevermind the fact I've been waiting three weeks for a price to fit an attic ladder/move a watertank.... feel like locking the attic door and forgetting about the whole thing :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Why not ring them? :D

Kingspan Group Plc
    Dublin Road,
    Kingscourt,
    Co. Cavan.
    Ireland.
    Tel: +353 (0) 42 9698000
    Fax: +353 (0) 42 9667501
    E-mail: admin@kingspan.ie

cheers danjo, sent an email yesterday, was looking for personal experience.

right, kingpsan got back to me - recommended i use TP-10 rather than K7,
    gave me an rrp of €13.50 per sq metre+vat, so a bale of 3 sheets should be about €117+vat (€142.15). I need five bales.

Got a price from a builders providers: €700+vat (€850.50) which is €140 over the r.r.p.

Can anyone recommend a cheaper source?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭irelandhouse

what thickness are you looking for ?
    what are you using it in ?, rafters ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BLAW

i can get you tp 10 100mm for €111.78 plus vat a bale or
    an equivalent for €97.20 plus vat a bale,you should ring Goodwins Builders Providers at 01-6282931

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

Hi Minikin
    I recently done a DIY job with insulation boards and shiplap at home and I have PM'd you the name of the company I got my insulation boards from. Im in North county Dublin and they were only 15min away and delivered. hope this helps

Hi lads,

It's 100mm thick, going between floor trusses in attic - going to board over for storage (not a living space).

Another provider has suggested TF-70 (no moisture barrier) - comes in around €690 inc vat.

Thing is we may be moving in the next few years... would it be worth going to this expense from a BER point of view or should I just throw down 100mm of fibre glass stuff?

270mm of fibreglass is the reccomended spec.
    this can be alkward depending on your joisting size.

if you are already looking at tp10, this is really made to go into the rafters/pitch of the roof themselves not in the flooring, technically it will be sound, but I would put it in the rafters as you will get the same uvalue, but you will not have the hassle of having to work around wiring etc that may be running along through the joisting.

there really isnt any cheaper then fibreglass.

what we did in our own was put 150mm fibreglass into the existing joisting, then put some 5x2 crossing and put in another layer of 150mm fibreglass. then boarded over this with smartply.

excellent storage space.

what size joisting do you have? what sort of a square m?

BLAW wrote: »
    i can get you tp 10 100mm for €111.78 plus vat a bale or
    an equivalent for €97.20 plus vat a bale,you should ring Goodwins Builders Providers at 01-6282931

what would be the equiv > just another supplier/manufacturer?

• Advertisement

hi irelandhouse,

there's a 587mm span between the trusses (4"x1.5"), looking at 40 sq metres all in. Ideally I would put in the kingspan boards, but we're not planning on staying here long-term, they're a bit more expensive than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

B & Q has an offer on Glass fibre wool at the moment.

Buy one get one free. A roll was €38 and covered 8m2 and is 170mm thick. I also got 10% off as i spent over €50, although i think the 10% offer expired .

Might be worth thinking about.

checked out the b&q stuff, they didn't have what I was looking for (100mm combi roll)

They had 100mm combi roll in B & Q last weekend. It covered 13 m2. Same offer on BOGOF.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,178 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

but I would put it in the rafters as you will get the same uvalue, but you will not have the hassle of having to work around wiring etc that may be running along through the joisting.
    But since the attic is not a living space and is essentially exposed to the outside air (for ventilation) I cant see how insulating the rafters is going to do anything for the rest of the house?

Cheers Kodak, which branch was that in?
    They only had the 170mm combi in liffeyvalley.

It was liffey valley!
    It's beside the 170mm rolls, up on the high racks.
    Its €27 euro, bogof, and covers 13m2.
    Maybe you ring just to make sure i wasn't seeing things..

feck... couldn't find it & one of the b&q lads said they were sold out
    bought it in homebase yesterday €23.50 each (no bogof offer)... still, cheaper than the kingspan boards :)

Advertisement