Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mmmm Icecream

Options
  • 27-09-2009 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

hey all, vote on what would you choose, if you had a choice in the shops, want to start up my own company and this poll would be great to see if we have a market for it, ireland is the 3rd biggest consumer of icecream, so sales are good, but is ireland really ready for an irish icecream with chunks! we can do it so much better when it comes to dairy, thank so much for you time drew:cool:

chunky icecream or smooth 7 votes

smooth Icecream
    0%
    chunky icecream
    100%
    neuro-praxisbrettmirlcee_jaydaiixigeorgem25NinjaTruncsDigiGal 7 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dingleye

Chunky!!! :p

I hope everyone who vote's on tihs poll get a free lifetime supply of this magical icecream you speak of... well me anyway :D He he hee xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I don't understand...

By chunky do you mean with bits in it? As in Ben & Jerry's and such?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

yes with bits, but nothing as what you have seen before, my company is working on 3 launch icecreams. as well all know dairy in this country is the best around, it will be irish, alot cheaper without loosing quality, and also an low fat organic choice of our signature icecream. cant go into flavours and mix details until launch, but free samples will be sent out and discounts will be sent out comming the launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mockler007 wrote: »
    ireland is the 3rd biggest consumer of icecream,
    :eek: thats very surprising, thought loads of hot countries would top the list, (as I polish off my second brunch!, tesco have 6 packs of icebergers & brunches for €2.55 at the moment).

At a catering trade show I got some lovely HB stuff, don't think it was ever launched, it was icecream from a machine, like a 99 into a tub and then brunch crumbs mixed in on top.

I like bits in my icecream, I also like them freshly added like those brunch crumbs. I sometimes let normal icecream go soft and break up chocolate biscuits and mix it in for a poor mans fancy icecream.

that is according to hb stats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

3rd largest consumer of HB doesn't mean the 3rd largest consumer of ice-cream

A quick google suggests that USA, New Zewland, Australia consume 23,20,19 litres respectively.
    Finland tops europe, the UK is 6 litres.
    I imagien are alot lower than you first thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

With bits. Definitely. And LOADS of them.
    Love love love Ben & Jerry's simply by virtue of the bits.

Mellor wrote: »
    3rd largest consumer of HB doesn't mean the 3rd largest consumer of ice-cream

A quick google suggests that USA, New Zewland, Australia consume 23,20,19 litres respectively.
    Finland tops europe, the UK is 6 litres.
    I imagien are alot lower than you first thought.

hb walls, they are the same company all over europe, it was a hb walls euro poll, still alot of icecream to shift on their behalf, will edit as my post isnt clear, but it was based on a per capita stat,
    but by the looks of it chunks are a strong winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

chunky icecream
    I love good old vanilla ice cream

yummy in my tummy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

Chunky definitely!!

Are you intending to make ice cream on a large or small scale?,
    there are quite a few farmhouse ice cream producers after appearing in the last few years, there was a Dutch company offering a special deal on startup equipment , production help and ingredient package then, but I havnt seen their ads about recently.

• Advertisement

we are starting off small, alot of irish icecream makers do the same flavours, such as vanilla, honeycomb etc. my company on the other hand will open up new avenues for the irish made icecream biz, ive been working away on what equipment to use as well as the best dairy and the best sourced ingredients all irish except vanilla which will be from a fair trade source, after we are set up i will be looking for a food chain to take on my new product, such as aldi, tesco or superquinn, have the packaging designed and costed so thats one step forward, just working on flavors and ingredients. its good to see that chunks have become a strong fave in ireland. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Murphys ice cream made in Dingle Kerry fabulous
    They are selling into some of the multiples.
    I belive that they are selling into Dublin
    Started a couple of years ago by two american guys who set up a coffee shop in Dingle,
    If you could have a chat with these guys you could learn a lot.

mikehn wrote: »
    Murphys ice cream made in Dingle Kerry fabulous
    They are selling into some of the multiples.
    I belive that they are selling into Dublin
    Started a couple of years ago by two american guys who set up a coffee shop in Dingle,
    If you could have a chat with these guys you could learn a lot.

ive heard of them guys down in dingle, seen their website, havent sampled their goods as of yet, but their style is differnt to mine,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Yay we need more nice ice creams, good look i hope it doesnt flop :D

Advertisement