Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliding railing for mouse tray on computer desk

Options
  • 27-09-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a sliding rail (I don't really know what to call it) for a computer desk to add a sliding mouse tray. I have attached a rough sketch.

I would want it 150mm long and about 15mm in depth.

Would anyone know where the best place to buy would be? In the Dublin / Drogheda area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I have definitely seen sliders in the bandq-type of diy superstore, and you should find them in there handy enough. They're slightly different to your drawing in that instead of screwing upwards to the shelf you've drawn, you'll screw the slider onto them from the side before mounting back into the slide housing.

Nice drawing, btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Prenderb wrote: »
    I have definitely seen sliders in the bandq-type of diy superstore, and you should find them in there handy enough. They're slightly different to your drawing in that instead of screwing upwards to the shelf you've drawn, you'll screw the slider onto them from the side before mounting back into the slide housing.

Nice drawing, btw!

Cheers mate, Sorry but what is a bandq-type of diy store?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

you should find these in most good DIY shops
    they will be in the same section as drawer knobs, doorstops, castor wheels etc

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

Prenderb wrote: »
    Nice drawing, btw!

:D

not sketchups finest hour

Advertisement