Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extending Wireless on UPC

Options
  • 27-09-2009 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Folks I have UPC 10 mb broadband at home. wireless range is pretty good and covers most of the apartment. However i have a PC that has only wired NIC and not Wireless.

One option is Ethernet over the electrical cables in the apartment. thing is I'm broke at teh minute and trying to do it on teh cheap LOL I have a spare Netopia router from Eorcom and also a D-link DL-524 wireless router.
    the UPC router is one of the newer Cisco ones that they are providing.

would it be possible to put something together with this kit or would i be better off looking at investing in a wireless NIC for the PC?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Faolchu wrote: »
    Folks I have UPC 10 mb broadband at home. wireless range is pretty good and covers most of the apartment. However i have a PC that has only wired NIC and not Wireless.

One option is Ethernet over the electrical cables in the apartment. thing is I'm broke at teh minute and trying to do it on teh cheap LOL I have a spare Netopia router from Eorcom and also a D-link DL-524 wireless router.
    the UPC router is one of the newer Cisco ones that they are providing.

would it be possible to put something together with this kit or would i be better off looking at investing in a wireless NIC for the PC?

Yes.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.aspx?bn=10279&mfr=&filter=A00302.K50859

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

dub45 wrote: »

sweet was looking to start learning Linux and it seems this one is supported and only costs €16 so not a bad price at all.

thanks

Advertisement