Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular payments to a UK(NI) account

Options
  • 27-09-2009 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭

I'll shortly be needing to make a regular monthly payment to a bank account in Northern Ireland from my own current account in the South.

Am I correct in thinking I can't set up a standing order to an a/c outside the Republic? If that is the case, can anyone advise the easiest (and least costly) method of making regular cross-border payments.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You're correct - you can't do it by standing order.

You'll have to do an international transfer each time. With the appropriate BIC and IBAN it's quite cheap (sometimes free depending on your bank/package), but how easy it is depends on your bank. AIB and NIB allow you to do them via Internet banking. PTSB do not and Halifax do not - Halifax must be done by phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Thanks! I've got a NIB current account so I'll look into the Internet option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

With AIB Internet Banking, it's free, unless you want it to go through the same day which is something like €12. They save all your details so it's handy enough to do it repeatedly.

Advertisement