Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures of Galway Bay and Naom Eanna

Options
  • 27-09-2009 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Check out http://www.galwayships.com/

On the front page click on the new gallery then click on "Galway in the past" there are a lot of pictures of the Ferry Galway Bay and the Aran Ferry Naom Eanna

Brings back lots om memories of these ships.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Very nice, love seeing those old pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Amazing to see pictures of Paddy Cantwell, the skipper of the Galway Bay. God, these pictures bring back memories!

By the way, it's Naomh Eanna. The dot over the m is old Irish for h.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

churchview wrote: »
    By the way, it's Naomh Eanna. The dot over the m is old Irish for h.

I wondered about the name ok but its Naom on the ships bow, thanks for the info so sad to see the condition she is in today we should start a campaign to have her restored and brought back to Galway as a museum.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    I wondered about the name ok but its Naom on the ships bow, thanks for the info so sad to see the condition she is in today we should start a campaign to have her restored and brought back to Galway as a museum.

..but the dot is over the m on the bow.

I might see if I can see where she is now in Dublin and if I can figure out how to, I'll post pics here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

churchview wrote: »
    ..but the dot is over the m on the bow.

I might see if I can see where she is now in Dublin and if I can figure out how to, I'll post pics here.

She is in Dublin port and has not moved from the place where the pictures that were taken of her, go to page 4 of Galway in the past on Galway Ships.com and that is where she is and her condition today more than likely worse as those pics were taken in 2005.

Advertisement