Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Vodafone Webtext

Options
  • 27-09-2009 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭

Vodafone have updated their webtext. You can now send long text messages. I wonder when they are going to implement this mission red thing i.e. International texts / 600 webtexts
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Yeah but they send them as seperate texts instead of one long text like the way o2 do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Is it just me? I can't see my contacts any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Meh, it's nothing fantastic. Cabbage Texter has allowed me to do what Vodafone have now done for ages. They'd better be doing a little more than just this lazy feckin option of sending out multiple texts rather than long texts / joined texts.
    culabula wrote: »
    Is it just me? I can't see my contacts any more.
    I can see mine fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

my contacts are gone too. They were there last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Yet again, 'My Vodafone is currently unavailable due to an essential upgrade of the system'

I guess they are trying to retrieve the lost contacts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Is it me or are vodafone constantly making a mess of the site for customers? (not that it was a great site to begin with)..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Next they can allow more than 5 bloody texts at a time without having to pay......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

My contacts dissapeared yesterday and are still gone, no announcment from Vodafone after the site came back live again. Its such a crap site and they cant even keep it going as is. Has anybody heard if they intend to restore the contacts yet?

I've been locked out of the site since yesterday mid-morning. I've called customer care on two occasions and both times the site was down for them also, due to upgrades.

It kept reporting to me that my credentials were incorrect and to try again, of course I tried once more in case of a typo but got the same error returned. Tried again last night and again when on the phone to customer care, no luck. Was told it would be reset this morning, tried once more this morning while on the phone to customer care and now as this is the 5th time, it is locked out and awaiting a further reset.

Its like the logon script is a bit dodgy for some accounts, including mine at the minute..

My contacts had also disappeared prior to this, but did reappear momentarily before I lost all access to the site. However, when I selected a contact to send a webtext to, the message sent screen would only show a number and not the contact name.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Frustrating alright, usually pay my bill online every month - haven't been able to now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Got it now, they seem to spare no effort to keep the site down;)
    [B]MyVodafone[/B]
    My Vodafone is currently unavailable due to an essential upgrade of the system.
    Please try again later. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

dubmick wrote: »
    Vodafone have updated their webtext. You can now send long text messages. I wonder when they are going to implement this mission red thing i.e. International texts / 600 webtexts
    Can't wait to get it but I got a strange feeling they decided to scrap that mission altogether, probably, because the wrong option won. At least, I was unable to see the results of the poll after the closing date 13/09/2009. So basically, nobody knows what option won (despite the fact that the international texts led the way up until the closing day when the result was suddenly hidden).
    ciarsd wrote: »
    However, when I selected a contact to send a webtext to, the message sent screen would only show a number and not the contact name.
    I have the same glitch.

I entered my (correct) mobile phone number and password this morning, tried it twice, each time got an error message saying incorrect details, third time I got this error message:

We're sorry, an error has occurred. Please review the error below

You previously entered an incorrect mobile number/password combination. Please wait for a brief period of time before you try again (SRV-WL-01)
    Click Here to go back and try again.

still having sign on problems with this site:

Your account has been locked for 24 hours as a result of 5 successive login failures.

Your password is the password which was sent to you during the registration process.

Please try again after the 24 hour period has elapsed. (SRV-WL-00)
    Click Here to go back and try again. :mad:

anybody else managing to get in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

It's working fine for me at the moment, but their website is a joke. Far too much down time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Fine for me apart from the maintenance downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Vodafone are the biggest pile of steaming dog sh!t going! This entire week, between crap service / retarded staff that don't give a toss / a site that refuses to allow me to top up / a site that just generally doesn't work. I am just thinking I'm going to move to O2.. Useless bunch of .... I'll stop now..

/rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Vodafone are the biggest pile of steaming dog sh!t going! This entire week, between crap service / retarded staff that don't give a toss / a site that refuses to allow me to top up / a site that just generally doesn't work. I am just thinking I'm going to move to O2.. Useless bunch of .... I'll stop now..

/rant.

All that echoes my experience 100%. Their web development team (or contractors) should be sacked. It's gone on too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Just made my 101th attempt to top-up online today and was greeted with -
    MyVodafone
    My Vodafone is currently unavailable due to an essential upgrade of the system.
    Please try again later. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Absolutely ridiculous!!
    eigrod wrote: »
    All that echoes my experience 100%. Their web development team (or contractors) should be sacked. It's gone on too long.

And I didn't even mention the 4/5 hour delay in texts and my phone being able receive calls all last weekend!

The representative Kelly From Vodafone (on the V/F iPhone board) on Boards should be in here to explaining this bull!"*%!

banjobongo wrote: »
    still having sign on problems with this site:

Your account has been locked for 24 hours as a result of 5 successive login failures.

Your password is the password which was sent to you during the registration process.

Please try again after the 24 hour period has elapsed. (SRV-WL-00)
    Click Here to go back and try again. :mad:

anybody else managing to get in?

I went through the very same issue as yourself mid week. It looks like they've altered the password rules to increase privacy and security.
    What you will need to do is, call customer care on 1907. They will have to reset your account and send you out a verification text with a 4-digit pin number. Once you receive this you can re access your account and input a new, safer password.
    Otherwise, you will be stuck in a loop over and over and getting blocked for 24 hours after each lot of 5 failed login attempts (even though your login details are correct and did work up to the start of this week!).

ciarsd wrote: »
    I went through the very same issue as yourself mid week. It looks like they've altered the password rules to increase privacy and security.
    What you will need to do is, call customer care on 1907. They will have to reset your account and send you out a verification text with a 4-digit pin number. Once you receive this you can re access your account and input a new, safer password.
    Otherwise, you will be stuck in a loop over and over and getting blocked for 24 hours after each lot of 5 failed login attempts (even though your login details are correct and did work up to the start of this week!).

thanks ciarsd, a very helpful post, I did that, created a secure new password, and Im back in! :)
    However the contacts list is still missing.
    Does anybody else have a contact list still on vodofone website?
    AND IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF SOMEBODY FROM VODAPHONE TELLING US WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!:confused:

• Advertisement

Can't get into Vodafone mail now, to change the contacts list. Most things don't seem to be working on that website. It is shocking really in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Any one noticed that after update their Web texts started to go astray more often? I don't know if it's related to extended coverage (intl now vs local before) but if before their texts were almost 100% reaching the destinations, now it's rather hit and miss. Neither local nor international come through 100%.

And their new gigantic font in the text box? That's very intimate.

Losing any hope Vodafone can do something good if they've managed to screw up such a great idea.

none wrote: »
    Any one noticed that after update their Web texts started to go astray more often? I don't know if it's related to extended coverage (intl now vs local before) but if before their texts were almost 100% reaching the destinations, now it's rather hit and miss. Neither local nor international come through 100%.

International?

SIX HUNDRED webtexts and international as well? When did THIS happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

When did THIS happen?

On Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Its the biggest load of SHHHT! I am beginning to hate vodafone now with a dying passion. They're getting worse with plans, the website keeps changing for "the better" but instead its getting worse and worse! I sent 2 webtexts on sunday, the 2nd message delivered after about 5 mins, the first never delivered. useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

It seems as if this whole mission red thing Vodafone have going, so far, has been more of a publicity stunt than anything else. Maybe they should spend more time on improving their existing service, which has been problematic for year, before releasing new and updated features which simply don't appear to work as they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

You should vent your anger here

My Vodafone Forum

A lot of the issues have allready been mentioned but be sure to add more. They might just get off their arse and have a working solution for once

another problem with the new site is that you cant stay logged in to send free web texts. I have found that when you try to do this it kicks you out, even if you click on the "Keep me signed in for webtext" icon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

You should vent your anger here

My Vodafone Forum

A lot of the issues have allready been mentioned but be sure to add more. They might just get off their arse and have a working solution for once

Nah its pointless, they should be leaders not followers. Without it "being passed on to the relevant department". Most people here would knoww I was always a keen Vodafone man but now things are changing!

Advertisement