Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Vodafone Webtext

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Nah its pointless, they should be leaders not followers. Without it "being passed on to the relevant department". Most people here would knoww I was always a keen Vodafone man but now things are changing!

It seems as if there's enough people complaining on their forum too. With their handset range in the bin, bar their one bastion of hope from Apple, and their lacklustre online service, I wonder what will be next for Vodafone in their never ending list of failures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Rsaeire wrote: »
    It seems as if there's enough people complaining on their forum too. With their handset range in the bin, bar their one bastion of hope from Apple, and their lacklustre online service, I wonder what will be next for Vodafone in their never ending list of failures?

Yes, it seems a slippery slope. I'm not allowed view the vodafone view forum anymore though so I can't view any of the topics- I think this is down to the fact I gave so much roasting(not abuse) over the lack of phones, crap tariffs that they moderate their forum so they dont get this sort of publicity. Theres no point in having a customer foum if this is the way they protrol it.02 don't even do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Yes, it seems a slippery slope. I'm not allowed view the vodafone view forum anymore though so I can't view any of the topics- I think this is down to the fact I gave so much roasting(not abuse) over the lack of phones, crap tariffs that they moderate their forum so they dont get this sort of publicity. Theres no point in having a customer foum if this is the way they protrol it.02 don't even do that!

To be honest Ah-Watch, knowing what you know, did you expect any better? This is the same company, after all, who contacted Boards regarding a thread that merely pointed out their hidden practices and lack of tariff transparency not so long ago.

I sincerely hope, for the customers' sake, that something major is done by Vodafone to address the serious lack of follow through on customer complaints, otherwise I don't see how they won't lose an awful lot of their subscriber base as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Oh I beg to differ. I had my mouth effectively shut on the O2 forum while discussing O2's policy on editing posts on their forum. Don't anyone be under the illusion that any of the operators allow free 'speech' on their respective forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Oh I beg to differ. I had my mouth effectively shut on the O2 forum while discussing O2's policy on editing posts on their forum. Don't anyone be under the illusion that any of the operators allow free 'speech' on their respective forums.

That may be so but tbh, I've used both forums and 02's is FAR better for freedom of speech, My account was only deleted on the 02 forum when I ported off the network and not when I was saying something the network dont like, Vodafone's was censored for weeks and I'd say only 10% of my posts were actually posted. Then when I posted over in the Vodafone section of Boards.ie they barred me from the Vodafone View. Anyway enough said on the censoring of posts, the fact still remains that the web texts isn't quite upto scratch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Three big gripes with their site are:

1) Poor delivery reliability (as I said, before I had neither complaints nor suspicions in this regard but after increasing the quantity they probably thought to compensate it with decreased quality);

2) Gargantuan font in text filed (no idea what could be the business rationale behind it as it's so ugly that no sober person can use it without shivering);

3) Lilliputian session timeout which forces to re-login every few minutes (this happened from time to time before and probably indicated they were in process of deploying some changes which could also mean they are doing it constantly now).

My other, perhaps even more important issue with Vodafone is they have terrible coverage in two places I spend most of my time: home (Dun Laoghaire, near the marina) and office (D2 near the Iveagh Gardens). I don't get many calls but overall about 50% of them never even reach me and I only get a Text notification of a missed call (which in itself is probably one of the best things Vodafone added to their service during the last 7 years).

I was thinking of moving to O2 for a while and even got their free Experience SIM a few weeks ago. O2 website isn't great either (that bloody popup after each Web text) but its intl messaging feature was long a magnet. Until Vodafone announced that infamous Mission Red (which, I totally agree, isn't anything else than a publicity stunt) with the same intl messaging bait. Now I'm getting more and more convinced that's their biggest flop in recent years and so my porting to O2 still remains a possibility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

That may be so but tbh, I've used both forums and 02's is FAR better for freedom of speech, My account was only deleted on the 02 forum when I ported off the network and not when I was saying something the network dont like, Vodafone's was censored for weeks and I'd say only 10% of my posts were actually posted.

Then when I posted over in the Vodafone section of Boards.ie they barred me from the Vodafone View. Anyway enough said on the censoring of posts, the fact still remains that the web texts isn't quite upto scratch

Can I just ask, are you in any way affiliated with Vodafone? Do you work for a subsidiary, an accredited agency or similar? Forgive the question but my spidey senses are tingling...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SeamyH

banjobongo wrote: »
    another problem with the new site is that you cant stay logged in to send free web texts. I have found that when you try to do this it kicks you out, even if you click on the "Keep me signed in for webtext" icon.

Same thing happens for me! I just thought it was a browser issue in work but obviously not.This really annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

I'm delighted with the latest update, well done Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Thanks vodafone for the 600 webtexts, but when 50% of them are not be delivered now (despite you telling me they were), I would much prefer you give me 300 and with 100% delivery rate.

But I guess thats too much to ask...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Benzino wrote: »
    Thanks vodafone for the 600 webtexts, but when 50% of them are not be delivered now (despite you telling me they were), I would much prefer you give me 300 and with 100% delivery rate.

Noticing that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

culabula wrote: »
    Noticing that too.

It's pathetic and got me into trouble on 2 occasions so far..lesson learned, phone call it is for something a little more important - at least I'll get a first hand delivery report that way! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

culabula wrote: »
    Noticing that too.
    ciarsd wrote: »
    It's pathetic and got me into trouble on 2 occasions so far..lesson learned, phone call it is for something a little more important - at least I'll get a first hand delivery report that way! :mad:

I was considering giving vodafone a go given they now offer 600 free international webtexts but if this is the case then forget it! I'd rather pay the 2 cents per text I am currently paying through a 3rd party provider for my international texts.

Yes, it's just getting worse and worse. More failed deliveries, more session timeouts... Their site is just plain unusable now. I'm thinking of moving to O2 again.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah been thinking of moving to O2 myself, either them or meteor. Which is better...well thats for another topic :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

none wrote: »
    Yes, it's just getting worse and worse. More failed deliveries, more session timeouts... Their site is just plain unusable now. I'm thinking of moving to O2 again.:cool:

Yes, I'm certainly getting away from them when my contract runs down. Their web service is just terrible. Over 2 weeks now, and I can't log in to the mail side of it, so I can't change or delete contacts. Yesterday it logged me out 15 times while trying to send webtexts. Yesterday iot told me I had taken 5 goes at logging in, and couldn't try again for 24 hours, despite me having done it twice, not 5 times.

I have looked and looked, but is there any way of checking your sent texts? On O2 it has a folder for your sent texts as well, which shows status, but I can't see anything like this on VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

This post has been deleted.

I was with O2, and even after the buggy revamp initially, its 100 times better than the VF offering. VF, apart form the extra texts, seems to have no traceability, only 5 texts per time (WTF is that about???), hit and miss delivery, appalling layout to change contacts etc.
    Yes, I loved Meteors deduction of an extra 1c per month on the bill pay, over and above what they had billed. Nice little mistake if they had, as claimed over 1m customers.......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I must be pretty lucky as I dont use it that often (2-3 times a day)but its always been ok for me in general.
    Been slow the odd few times but put it down to my laptop.

Anyway has anyone gone to the Vodafone "forum" on Boards and told them what is happening?

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I must be pretty lucky as I dont use it that often (2-3 times a day)but its always been ok for me in general.
    Been slow the odd few times but put it down to my laptop.

Anyway has anyone gone to the Vodafone "forum" on Boards and told them what is happening?

Yes, but it still took me 2 weeks to be able to access VF mail.

Now they haven't updated the remaining units, texts etc since October 26th (Now 4th November) They did the same last month and it cost me extra for phone calls outside the allowance, because its not possible to check the remaining minutes. This is the last straw now, I'm changing tomorrow and they can whistle for the last 6 months of the contract. This is a shocking way to run a business.

• Advertisement

Anyone noticed their sessions got much sturdier? No timeouts for probably two weeks. I think it may even keep sessions alive overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Sorry, resurrecting this old thread here...
    none wrote:
    Anyone noticed their sessions got much sturdier? No timeouts for probably two weeks. I think it may even keep sessions alive overnight.

When you say 'keep sessions alive', do you mean that you were able to stay signed in to webtext (for more than 5-10 minutes at a time)? I always get kicked out even if I tick 'Keep me signed in for webtext' when logging in.

Also, I'm using Firefox and it's annoying that it doesn't automatically fill in my username and password on that page (like it does for everything else). It's on my list of saved password, it still doesn't enter it for me though. If I type the mobile number and tab to the password field, then it fills it in.

Anybody know why this is or have any solutions to either of the above problems?

/Edit - I have emailed Vodafone support with this question. I will post here if I get any useful response..

Advertisement