Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco King Prawns

Options
  • 27-09-2009 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi

I just bought a packet of King Prawns from Thailand in tesco and when I was about to cook them I tasted one and they are the spiciest thing I have ever tasted. My mouth is still on fire and I'm wondering is this normal for them to be so spicy out of the packet? Nowhere does it indicate that they are that hot on the package. I usually buy cold water prawns and they are not spicy at all.

Starting to think I'm done for!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭kingofcastle

Spicy spicy!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Corcs001 wrote: »
    when I was about to cook them I tasted one
    You tasted them before you cooked them?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,559 ✭✭✭✭ted1

prawns are generally pre cooked....

when there pink they are cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ted1 wrote: »
    prawns are generally pre cooked....

when there pink they are cooked.
    Yeah I know, but he didn't say they were pre-cooked. I still wouldn't taste them before I'd cooked them again.

I actually had Prawns for my dinner last night. Dunnes pre-cooked Tiger Prawns. And strangely enough I used waaay too much chilli so they were super hot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Were they prawns from Thailand, or Thai prawns? If it was the latter, that means they're spicy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Yeah they were pre-cooked! They were prawns from Thailand as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Faith wrote: »
    Were they prawns from Thailand, or Thai prawns? If it was the latter, that means they're spicy.
    but the OP said
    Corcs001 wrote: »
    Nowhere does it indicate that they are that hot on the package.
    But did you read the ingredients list?, its the first port of call on all foods in supermarkets, I only read the front of packets if I want a good laugh at their bogus marketing claims.

Advertisement