Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darn Networking!

Options
  • 27-09-2009 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Using Netgear router.
    Updated firmware and so on and so on... Working on it for a couple of hours due to not being able to connect pc and laptop....

Changed password to something else! And it worked, i mean wtf!!

What a joke can anyone offer an explanation for this?

I changed nothing but the password! It worked on other laptops with the old password.

Networking is well my least favourite part of computers and such!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭whizgremlin

it all sounds a bit vague effluo, sometimes a simple thing like capslock on can cause a lot of problems, if it was changing to a different IP perhaps it would make more sense but from the information you have provided its hard to decipher what exactly happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

The problem was exactly that! vague!!!

No errors came up when it wouldn't connect and it gave no reason at all, the only thing i changed to get it working was the password... This was on both a laptop and pc using a wireless adapter.

I was just very annoyed at it. I always find networking on a lot of hardware to be just nit-picky with no order or explanation for anything working or not working... The pc and laptop were using different adapters and different os's and different software for the adapters!

I don't expect anyone to be able to tell what it was, i suppose i was just giving out about networking...
    Or if anyone knew that having letters and numbers in a password together could have been the problem cause that essentially was the only thing that i changed in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭whizgremlin

it does sound very dodgy and tempermental...if it were my network i dont think i could relax and feel secure!

Usually if it were just a Workgroup issue by changing all to a specific name it would account for all working but yes it does seem baffling, but again usually the causes for these things are always the simplest little gremlins running riot in our systems! Glad its working for you though, networking can be a nightmare but thats all part of the fun :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Networking is not my friend

Advertisement