Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz equivalent of Debenhams/Roches Stores

Options
  • 27-09-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi All,
    My little sis and her boyfriend are leaving for melbourne (long term) in 3 weeks.
    They got engaged today, and I'd like to give them a present.
    Is there an equivalent fo debenhams/roches, that I could buy them a gift card for?
    It would be unfair to buy her a present and force her to bring it on the plane/put it in storage.

Any other ideas for a newly engage couple setting up in melbourne welcome.

Cheers
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

David Jones is big store, might be more BTs than Debenhams maybe. Myers is another - I'd see this as more Debenhams. Both in city centre and in various shopping centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Cheers for that. Google threw up David Jones alright, but the website reminded me very much of BTs.
    I'll look into Myers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Mate if they are migrating a good idea would be to get them a voucher for Kmart or BigW as bad as it sounds once you get here you do need a lot of stuff from those stores.

Once they are settled they can look at Myers and David Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

You're probably right. We were planning on giving them some straight cash to help them get set up. I just wanted them to be able to get something nice at the start as well.

Advertisement