Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

young lambs in co.cork?

Options
  • 27-09-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi i would like to get a lamb that still would drink from a bottle in co. cork.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Aru

im afraid its the wrong time of year from lambs that young..this years lambs should be weaned at this stage...if you try next spring you should be able to get one from around january onwords when some lambs will be orphaned and need extra care....why do you need one if you dont mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭yugimon121

Aru wrote: »
    im afraid its the wrong time of year from lambs that young..this years lambs should be weaned at this stage...if you try next spring you should be able to get one from around january onwords when some lambs will be orphaned and need extra care....why do you need one if you dont mind me asking?
    I'm starting a business with animals; i own chickens, horses and now i'm into sheep. i need them before December for I'm buying alpacas, and they are going for bid in January and i wan't experience with sheep first since they are both very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Aru

yugimon121 wrote: »
    I'm starting a business with animals; i own chickens, horses and now i'm into sheep. i need them before December for I'm buying alpacas, and they are going for bid in January and i wan't experience with sheep first since they are both very similar.

well you could just get some adult sheep or weanlings from a local farmer and try keeping them for a while..

..il warn you now tho if you are thinking of keeping sheep there is a surprising amount of paperwork as you need to get a herd number etc...mad i know for a pet but the department can be very strict on it because they need full traceability on animals for disease control..Foot and Mouth etc
    ....you could try asking in the farming forum to find out the ins and outs of what you need to know...you might even find a farmer willing to lend ya a few sheep for a while...

Good luck with your alpacas

Advertisement