Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Choices that seem trivial at the time

• 27-09-2009 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

ds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

...or today I had to decide to whether to use Low-Low or Dairygold butter on my rasher sandwich, I think the decision changed my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Every decision you make in your life means a different outcome

This morning I had no milk for my Weetabix, and I'm not used to having no Weetabix for breakfast

I decided to make a skip breakfast instead and head off for a walk and then go to a football game

For all I know I won't bother eating breakfast any more because I felt fine without it.. that could mean I leave the house a bit earlier each morning and end up in a car accident as a result

or maybe become constipated because of a lack of fibre in my diet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I didn't pick the right numbers in the lottery, definitely changed my life.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

op, what was trivial about your decision :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

A topic i once read on a fitness board.

"Do I take the stairs, or the lift?"

The choice, he took the lift this one particular day, which meant he got to work a little earlier than he would've otherwise.

This topic was from the 10th of September 2001.
    This particular user worked in the North Tower of the WTC.
    There were no more posts by this user after this topic....

So yeah, it's often the most trivial of choices that mark the difference between life and death. You'll never know it's a life or death choice until it's much too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Guinness or heineken
    Car or bike
    Colgate or Sensodine
    Boxers or y-fronts
    Pull the plug or leave her live
    Condom or not

Who cares, very few people look back.

Advertisement