Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 weeks in Oz, advice appreciated!

Options
  • 27-09-2009 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey,

Going to Oz for three weeks straight after Xmas, flying to Sydney 27th/28th Dec to be there for New years. Going to spend a week there, have friends there so accomodation is fine. We're then going to go to Melbourne for about 4-5 days, then planning going to Singapore for about 4 days and flying home from there.
    Firstly, is 4-5 days enough time for Melbourne? Secondly what are the best areas to stay in Melbourne and Singapore, is accomodation expensive and what would ideal spending money for the whole duration?

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

4-5days is plenty of time for Melbourne. Maybe you should consider a trip on the great ocean road. That will take at least a overnight stay.

Personally i would stay in the CBD (central business district) in Melbourne. Holiday apartments can be a good cheap option. St Kilda and Carlton are other possible areas to stay in. Carlton has some good hotels, restaurant and bars and it's a safe 15 minute walk from the city centre

I think accommodation prices in Singapore are comparable with Dublin. You can get cheap hotels for 70euro a night (about 3 star). Can't remember what area i stayed in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Loujay

Thanks a mill, will check those areas in Melbourne out.

Anyone know of any good areas in Singapore to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

4-5 days too long in Mel IMO just a big city.... 2-3 is fine.
    Some of the central hostels are party places so be carefull!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

hey! im living in sydney but fpr my trip to melbourne, we are spending 4 days - doing a 1 day great ocean road tour, 1/2 day trip to phillips island, 1/2 day trip to the neighbours set, going to the races another day and leaving one day for shopping. check out agoda.com.au for good hotel deals - we're staying in the citigate albert park hotel - very reasonable! hope this helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

is there any specific reason why you have set on going to melbourne , i personally would sail the whitsunday islands for a few nights instead , it will involve a flight north up the east coast , but at that time of year the weather will be perfect , its such a beautiful trip and a good session to go along !!

whatever you decide to do , i hope ya have a blast !

• Advertisement
Advertisement