Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grow your own raised beds

Options
  • 27-09-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am a carpenter who is thinking of starting my own business of making handcrafted raised beds planted with delicious vegetables suitable from even apartment balconies to the largest of gardens. What do people think of this idea is there a market in your opinion. I also welcome any ideas and suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

there was an article in the Irish Times a few months ago about a company in Ireland doing that:

http://www.quickcrop.ie/

Irish Times Article

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

On our allotments this year people had to make their own raised beds. Its ok if you have a van or else you have to pay for delivery. A lot of the people are women and im sure they would love to have them made up. You could leave some cards or a notice with people if you go round some of the allotments. I wish i could get a chicken house and a run made for me because the cost of them is mad! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ph1athlone

Hi gollyitsolly
    Would you be interested in me making you a chicken house and run and if so how much would you be willing to spend. I can see what I can do for you, with your budget. I wouldn't want to make much profit from it as I want to build up a portfolio. If interested, can you forward me on your e-mail address or is there a way of pm on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Have sent you a pm!

Advertisement