Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE W705 problem

• 27-09-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Hoping someone can help...

Bought a SE W705 back in June. Today it randomly turned itself off (even though it had a full battery) and when I try to turn it back on, it gets as far as the 'enter pin' part, but when I try to type in my pin, no numbers show at all and the screen just freezes and then goes black for 5mins, before the 'enter pin' screen pops up again, cursor flashing...try to enter pin and it all happens again.
    I'm thinking my keypad is pretty fooked.

To be honest, I haven't been happy with it since I bought it, and would like nothing more than to bring it back to O2 and get a different phone, but my only issue is that because I cannot get into the phone at all, I cannot delete anything on it before giving it back to them.
    Nothing incriminating on it ;) just private text messages etc, but still stuff I wouldn't want anyone reading.

So my questions:
    Firstly, does anyone know how/ if I can fix this problem?
    Secondly, what do they do with these phones? Will they try to fix it/ salvage parts etc? (It has a few scratches etc, so I doubt they will try to fix it and sell it on, or will they?)
    And thirdly (and it's probably a stupid one, but I shall ask none the less) is there any way I can wipe all info on the phone before I give it to them if I cannot fix it?

Cheers for any help.
    F

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

How long have you had it ? I'd be hot tailing it back once in the 28 days of buying it anything after they will offer to repare it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Have you tried to re-flash the phone from the SE website?

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/topic/updateserviceapplication/w705?lc=en&cc=ie

08-20-2009
    New phone software available

Keep the software on your phone up-to-date to ensure optimum performance and the latest enhancements. Go to 'Update your phone software' on the support to get the latest software.

The latest software includes improvements such as:

* Network coverage improvements when switching from 2G to 3G.
    * Improved memory handling when using the messaging functionality.
    * Audio performance enhancements when using loudspeaker mode.
    * Improved Bluetooth connectivity, phone to PC

Note: You may already have the latest software, depending on day of purchase and when your operator has released it.

It may fix your problems and should wipe any information you have stored on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

^ Thanks for that.
    I gave it a whirl, but I am mac based and it seems to only work on PCs.
    Phone wont even turn on now. Think I shall just bring to O2 and see what they do.
    Sure if they read my texts, they read em ;) (they probs wont anyway! ha)

Advertisement