Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOW IS THE TIME, FOR ALL GOOD MEN AND WOMEN, TO COME TO THE AID OF THEIR COUNTRY!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Jim Coír. Coincidence? I think not. It's a real shame he wont come on here and debate with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Voltwad wrote: »
    Jim Coír. Coincidence? I think not. It's a real shame he wont come on here and debate with us.

Because posts like this one of yours really show that people are interested in a debate, and not just in poking fun, right?

bonkey wrote: »
    Because posts like this one of yours really show that people are interested in a debate, and not just in poking fun, right?
    Well seeing as how he has no interest in coming on here and following up his post I do find the whole thing funny being honest. If he changes his mind and fancies a debate he wont be denied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭w00t

Why would he? As was said earlier this is nothing more than pamphlet being pushed through your door. It is only here because he is Jim Corr from what I can see.

w00t wrote: »
    Why would he? As was said earlier this is nothing more than pamphlet being pushed through your door. It is only here because he is Jim Corr from what I can see.
    Then he should push a pamphlet through my door. I thought this was a discussion forum. Not a letterbox.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭w00t

Then he should push a pamphlet through my door. I thought this was a discussion forum. Not a letterbox.

True.

But boards.ie thinks it is just great that someone allegedly famous (ab)uses it :P

If someone else had of posted it? gone in 60 seconds but being able to name drop Jim Corr? priceless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

In relation to farming, the setaside regime which the original post referred to, was suspended in 2008 (through having the compulsory setaside % set at 0) then abolished in the CAP Health Check reform last year.
    On a broader point, much of the restrictive legislation governing farming has come from the Environment Committee of the Parliament, which has brought forward amendments through the Parliament through co-decision, such as the Pesticides directive.
    Farmers worldwide are producing milk below the cost of production, a situation exacarbated in the EU by the cost of compliance with high regulatory standards and restrictions on GM feed, crops, and growth promoters (not on either side on these issues, merely stating the facts)
    The biggest problem in the EU is the Commission is a giant machine with the sole purpose of generating legislative proposals. These people are detached from the reality of running a small business.
    Ditto our own civil service.
    We need to take on the Commission and clip it's wings a little.
    Ditto our civil service.
    I'm voting Yes, but being honest, I feel the battle against bureaucracy is not being waged on Friday.
    That's to come, and must be won.
    We're hurtling towards WTO and CC (copenhagen) agreements that will probably see the EU move further and recieve less in concessions than any of the other major powers.
    Solutions? I'm not sure
    Lisbon- mainly procedural deckchair re-arranging I feel.
    Ultimately, Ireland will always decide it's own destiny.
    No Government can agree in Brussels to something that is a breach of our constitution, as that would not hold water on the supreme court, I reckon. Would it not be exceeding their powers to sign up to anything that ran contrary to the constitution?
    Only in matters of QMV is there a risk, and to be honest, QMV voting is a closer reflection of how things are done anyway- horsetrading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Thanks Jim! Great post. Just wondering about this:

It was a fairly big mistake on their behalf to publish their evil ideas in books hoping that we wouldn't read it. I'm not sure these guys will make a great fist of the World Government if they are capable of making such basic errors.

You're a bit of a fool to disaprage this stuff.

Are you well versed in open statements of the elite?
    (and yes they are the elite)
    And no, FYI, I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

The evidence is in everyday statements by the influential and monied and movements towards globalism.
    If that's your bag, just say it.

Winters wrote: »
    Without being harsh, this all sounds like mindless drivel from a loon with no real understanding of any of the issues at hand and distorting ones to suit one particular side. The same few arguments keep getting put forward and when proven incorrect it seems that just ignoring their inaccuracy and just shouting it louder will get it across better.

With the amount of conspiracy loons being pulled out of the woodwork you wonder how long Europe will even want Ireland apart of it, we must appear like an island of nutjobs at this rate.

Of course, we wouldn't want to appear anything but subserveient, would we in Winters little world.

<tugs forelock in sympathy and in case others think me a loon>:rolleyes:

OK...

that's enough infractions for one thread.

From now on, people who show they can't follow the charter and repeated in-thread warnings for all involved to behave get bans.

• Advertisement

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    So will he answer the question posed to him by members?

or will he just disappear like rest of them and avoid real questions?

some serious and numerous unreferenced lies in one single OP post

/

I would rather the poster answer the points put to him also.
    However, I would rather a lot less of the 'that's mental, he's mental' posts which are also going unchallenged.
    --

"Let me control a peoples currency and I care not who makes their laws..."

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Im obviously not as clued on on this as you but...

Arent the EU elite elected by the people to represent them in matters such as making changes and such?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Why is it that every time the suggestion of a "New World Order" comes up it's dismissed as lunacy?

Don't people realize that such a thing could very possibly happen? Hell, it's been attempted by several nutjob dictators over the last few hundred years, why should now be any different?

Not in any way claiming that Lisbon has anything to do with it, just wondering why these ideas are always labelled automatically wrong and untrue?

Not in any way claiming that Lisbon has anything to do with it, just wondering why these ideas are always labelled automatically wrong and untrue?

If you're not auggesting a link, then might I suggest that this is better suited to a seperate thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Why is it that every time the suggestion of a "New World Order" comes up it's dismissed as lunacy?

Don't people realize that such a thing could very possibly happen? Hell, it's been attempted by several nutjob dictators over the last few hundred years, why should now be any different?

Most dictators don't tell Jim Corr their plans. (Bono possibly, maybe even Andrea if she seduces them, but not Jim Corr).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It depends on what you consider to be a NWO. The order in which the world is being run is constantly changing, it changes every time you vote for a new local politician.

People dismiss that which they cannot see..

The fact is that the term NWO conjures up images of clandestine deals being made between various puppet masters, instead of a transparent version which is actually the case.

The outcome is the same however.. just my opinion

Stark wrote: »
    Most dictators don't tell Jim Corr their plans. (Bono possibly, maybe even Andrea if she seduces them, but not Jim Corr).

The posters question remains.
    Why would today be so different from most every other period in history?
    Why are we so special to think it could never happen to us?

Just a thought (please don't label me mental and shun me...)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Depends on the nature of the "new world order". The UN and the like are attempts at a new world order. It's the conspiracy theory view of the new world order that involves Illuminati, all-powerful freemasons, lizard people, aliens and Dan Brown novels that screams "nut job".

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Jim,
    i'd like to thank you for making me vote yes,didnt vote last time but will now.

Me pesonally,i have never had so much much freedom.I can travel to all most every country in the world on a holiday.Over the last 15 years I have made a lot of money.I live in relative comfort and can support my family.A lot of this I believe is by irelands full membership of the EU.

bring on THE NEW WORLD ORDER.

Hey, don't put yourself down so much.
    I'm sure at least some of it was down to your own hard work!

Depends on the nature of the "new world order". The UN and the like are attempts at a new world order. It's the conspiracy theory view of the new world order that involves Illuminati, all-powerful freemasons, lizard people, aliens and Dan Brown novels that screams "nut job".

I haven't read one poster mentioning lizards - only your goodself!
    Glad to see that there is an acceptance of the NWO. It's like it's a fact now - thought I was going mental there...
    If some people are comfortable with that, so be it.
    I will never be comfortable with it.
    Enjoy your YES.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭happymondays

the Illuminati/freemasons were/are real people and groups. noting really nutjob about that.

which of these sound more nutjob,

a)the possibility there is a shadow group of powerfull political and financial people/ families that would like to control everything in the world or

b)that there is a man with a big beard who is 2000 years old living up in clouds, he can walk on water,cure people by touching them and can come back to life.

people seem to have no problem believing in b but not a, whos the nut jobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

the Illuminati/freemasons were/are real people and groups. noting really nutjob about that.

which of these sound more nutjob,

a)the possibility there is a shadow group of powerfull political and financial people/ families that would like to control everything in the world or

b)that there is a man with a big beard who is 2000 years old living up in clouds, he can walk on water,cure people by touching them and can come back to life.

people seem to have no problem believing in b but not a, whos the nut jobs!

I believe in neither a or b

no wonder some people are so paranoid about Lisbon

they dont believe they control their own life (or maybe they want to be controlled?) i

dont know, im not a psychologist ...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

they dont believe they control their own life (or maybe they want to be controlled?)

OMG! Ironing overload!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭papachango

I agree that a NO vote is paramount for the future of EUROPE of which Ireland WILL be part.
    Comments like the OP are damaging to the chances of a NO victory as it gives the yes side way too much 'crank' ammunition to throw about.
    So Jim a but of hush if you dont mind, please!
    The european constitution (Lisbon treaty) can be easily defeated on the factual contents of the document. To any sane person the treaty is carte-blanche for the EU to basically do what it likes in areas that affect most peoples lives and quality of life.
    The governments bullying, the medias bias, the zealots and the sheep are all easily silenced by the reiteration of facts concerning this treaty.
    Stick to the facts.
    The facts will win this referendum. Conspiracy theories, whether valid or not, will only detract from the NO side putting forward facts that cannot be truthfully rebutted. It will also add weight to 'loon' and 'crank' allegations which will alienate potential undecideds swinging to the 'No' side.
    The Yes campers are beginning to foam at the mouth lately as they realise their lies are starting to fall on deaf ears. Mad dogs, crying wolf, sensing their imminent demise.
    Vote NO and enjoy the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

papachango wrote: »
    To any sane person the treaty is carte-blanche for the EU to basically do what it likes in areas that affect most peoples lives and quality of life.

thats news to me, which parts exactly?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I agree that a NO vote is paramount for the future of EUROPE of which Ireland WILL be part.
    Comments like the OP are damaging to the chances of a NO victory as it gives the yes side way too much 'crank' ammunition to throw about.
    So Jim a but of hush if you dont mind, please!
    The european constitution (Lisbon treaty) can be easily defeated on the factual contents of the document. To any sane person the treaty is carte-blanche for the EU to basically do what it likes in areas that affect most peoples lives and quality of life.
    The governments bullying, the medias bias, the zealots and the sheep are all easily silenced by the reiteration of facts concerning this treaty.
    Stick to the facts.
    The facts will win this referendum. Conspiracy theories, whether valid or not, will only detract from the NO side putting forward facts that cannot be truthfully rebutted. It will also add weight to 'loon' and 'crank' allegations which will alienate potential undecideds swinging to the 'No' side.
    The Yes campers are beginning to foam at the mouth lately as they realise their lies are starting to fall on deaf ears. Mad dogs, crying wolf, sensing their imminent demise.
    Vote NO and enjoy the weekend

I am puzzled by the fact that you start off your post with the statement "The european constitution (Lisbon treaty) can be easily defeated on the factual contents of the document." And then proceed to postition your entire argument on an ad homineum attack on yes posters in general, while at the same time failing to mention a single aspect of the treaty contents at all.

Impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

The facts will win this referendum.

I agree. That is why I feel it will be a Yes vote.

I believe in neither a or b

no wonder some people are so paranoid about Lisbon

they dont believe they control their own life (or maybe they want to be controlled?) i

dont know, im not a psychologist ...

Post #91 would suggest you're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭qt9ukbg60ivjrn

this is bizarre, but after having a look through your website i can't believe this didn't come earlier

P.s. your sister is hot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

TBH he convinced me with the cap locks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement