Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tt bike for sale

• 27-09-2009 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭

Quintana roo lucero tt bike for sale. 06 model carbon frame& fork. ultegra 10 groupset, profile design carbon basebar & cobra t2 extensions. Tri saddle. medium size i'm 5,10 and i was probably at the height limit. this bike has less than 1000 miles done from new. cost €2650 new selling for 1500. selling with easton vista wheelset.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

pictures ? adverts link ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭BikePure

quintana2 wrote: »
    Quintana roo lucero tt bike for sale. 06 model carbon frame& fork. ultegra 10 groupset, profile design carbon basebar & cobra t2 extensions. Tri saddle. medium size i'm 5,10 and i was probably at the height limit. this bike has less than 1000 miles done from new. cost €2650 new selling for 1500. selling with easton vista wheelset.

Hi there! Still for sale or what? Any pictures? And when you say you are 5'10 and on the height limit, do you mean the upper or lower limit? Like was the bike a bit small for you or a bit too big for you? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭quintana2

BikePure wrote: »
    Hi there! Still for sale or what? Any pictures? And when you say you are 5'10 and on the height limit, do you mean the
    Hi purebike , yeah bike is still for sale. The bike is a medium ,the top tube lenght is 53 c-c. I've got short legs long back so in looking for a top tube lenght of about 55. i've knocked a 19.12 10miler on this and i've always been comfortable but i want to triy an ironman so i'm lookin for a little longer top tube. i'll try an sort out some pic,s later. got to go on my way to air port to go to the london bike show to by a new tt machine!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

OK, it would probably be a bit big for me, I'm not sure but post up pictures and the spec (like whats included) and a guide price or something! I'm actually off to have a look at a second hand Quintana Roo TT frame in my lbs right this minute, will let you know how I get on. I think it's an older model, but thats all I'm looking for because it's a budget TT bike I'm aiming at! Haha, thanks in advance. :D

Hi here are some pic,s of my tt bike thats for sale. I'm selling with or without the wheelset shown .I am asking for €i500 for bike with training wheels or € 2500 with disc and tri spoke including block, tub's & wheel bags.

bike_photos_001.jpg
    bike_photos_002.jpg
    bike_photos_003.jpg
    bike_photos_004.jpg
    bike_photos_005.jpg
    bike_photos_006.jpg

• Advertisement

OK, not too interested in the bike itself but those wheels look tasty alright. I'm especially interested in the disc wheel but maybe even both of them (tri spoke too) if you can offer me a good price. What is the lowest price you would be willing to let them go for (prices for either the block, tubs and wheelbags included or without)? Also, what kind of condition are they in? I presume they have a Shimano body on them...and what cassette and tubs are on them? New enough or well used or what? Cheers ;)

HI hopeing to sell the bike with the wheelset . Might sell them on there own but would want €1000. They were bought august 07 for €1500 the tubs are vittoria cx & the cassette is a dura ace 11-23, these were fitted at a cost of 240 ish. These wheels have very little use, about 100k for the last two season & maybe half that in 07.

OK, probably a bit too expensive for me still. Just to let you know that you are running the tri-spoke in the wrong direction...as in it is effectively rotating backwards the opposite way it should. You can see here how aerofoil designs like this are designed so that the thicker section hits the air and tapers down into a point to leave as little air turbulence behind it as possible as this is what causes drag on a bicycle wheel. Maybe you just accidentally threw it on the wrong way last time or just for the photo, but you would definitely be quicker if you ran it the other way around. I think you can even see an arrow indicating the direction of correct rotation! Maybe you don't even want to sell them now after hearing this....or else you know all this and I just told you what you already knew! Haha, sure let me know if you decide to sell them on their own and if the price comes down any bit. Would you be able to knock off anything if I wasn't to take the cassette or wheelbags off you? Let me know...cheers! ;)

Someone had there weetabix this morning! you must be interested when you noticed that. I just put it on for the picture got it wrong , as you can see the quick release is on the wrong side. make me an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Mick0

Hi, still for sale?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Hi,where can i come and see this?

Mick0 wrote: »
    Hi, still for sale?
    hi micko bike is still for sale

bunnygreen wrote: »
    Hi,where can i come and see this?
    Hi bunnygreen i'm in tipp you could veiw the bike any time an take her for a spin. I might be able to meet you some where else half way depending on where your based.

Reducing tt bike price to €1300ish , disc & tri spoke €900.

Hi here are some pic,s of my tt bike thats for sale. I'm selling with or without the wheelset shown .I am asking for €i500 for bike with training wheels or € 2500 with disc and tri spoke including block, tub's & wheel bags.

bike_photos_001.jpg
    bike_photos_002.jpg
    bike_photos_003.jpg
    bike_photos_004.jpg
    bike_photos_005.jpg
    bike_photos_006.jpg
    Hi tri spoke and disc now sold price reduction on bike€ 1200
    cheers

Hi tri spoke and disc now sold price reduction on bike€ 1200
    cheers
    now available frame and fork €600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭kavvoo

What height range do you need to be in to ride this bike?

kavvoo wrote: »
    What height range do you need to be in to ride this bike?
    Hi kavvoo with a tt bike it a riders preferance most people say go down 1 bike size. cervelo and cannondale say ride the same size as you would ride a road bike. For me it was really comfortable i'm 5,10 but i dont have the flexablity to go as low as this bike would allow me to go so i've gone for a bigger frame to get a longer head tube. that said i know guys of 6 ,0 riding the same size and a guy of 5'7 also, the best way is to sit on it and take it for a spin and see what you think

cheers kevin

Advertisement