Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Text Alerts

• 28-09-2009 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭

Hey people!

Just wondering if any of ye know how to get cheap/free text alerts for results? Preferably the Man United results. Is it with the network or what? I'm with Meteor. I have googled it but haven't really had much luck.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

http://wap.livescore.com will give you all the results. It's free if you use internet on your phone daily anyway .. otherwise it's 99c / day / 50MB (Meteor's pricing, the website is free to use)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I get united results, lineups and news with meteor. I think I just signed up through the phone. There was an Alerts menu (on the home page) with football teams on it IIRC.

Ah I might ring up and get my login pin then. Can't for the life of me remember it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

mars bar wrote: »
    Ah I might ring up and get my login pin then. Can't for the life of me remember it...

No need to go through the meteor site if your phone has a browser.

Meant the meteor home page on your phone.

Open your phone browser and select home from the options. Scroll down the home page until you see an Alerts link. There are sports ones, including teams, that you can subscribe to. The United one gives you the occasional news text, pre-match line-up, goal flashes and result. The goal flashes tend to be a little delayed but that's the case with places like Livescore too.

• Advertisement

Ah right, deadly! I'll give that a go.

Edit: Done! Jaysus that was simple, thanks stovelid!

Advertisement