Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little bit of good news .....

Options
  • 28-09-2009 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭

For our German shooting friends.With the CDU/FDP win, the German shooting organisations punched yet again above their weight class and smashed the red /green threat to their sport and way of life.. Had they got in German hunters and gun owners would have been in really dire straights.Central storage of firearms,no knock police visits,biometric locks on firearms ,and more looney Green ideas.:eek:
    Amazing,when after the tragedy of Winniden/Wenneden this year,Erfurt a few years ago,and a shooting in a court room and all the press lunacy they still managed to carry this off without scrificing any un PC minority shooting sport or unliked firearms like pistols,paintball,airsoft or IPSC.:rolleyes: All which were on a red green banning list...

Maybe,just maybe all our individual organisations could go away and study this victory on how to fight a political campain when the odds look hopeless... ;)

Gut gemacht Leute...

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

As a german, I have to tell you.....your post is nonsense. The issues you mentioned, played no part in this election. The whole election campaign never really took off, most commetators agree, that this was one one of the most boring election campaigns in the history of germany.

People simply wanted to see Angela returned as chancellor for another 4 years, and thats what they got.

And I wouldn't be at all suprised, if we would see stricter gun laws in germany in the near future. The german interior minister is a member of Angela Merkels CDU Party, and very much in favour of stricter gun laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Bin auch Deutscher Cosmo
    Wait and see and while you are about it go and check out www.waffen-online.de. [Germanys version of Boards.ie.] Thread Wahl 2009
    Und erzahl denen das es quatsch ist,das diese ganze sache nix damit zu tun hat!:rolleyes:
    Anything would have been better than the Red/Green terror.Dont forget that with the FDP coming in,there will be a good chance that he will be shoved out as well.Irrespective that it was a boring election,[more exiting than our ones here anyway...] We got a better result than could have been hoped for.Unless of course you are Rot /Gruen??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

waffen-online.de is the german version of boards.ie? Sorry mate, thats even more nonsense.

And yes, I'm a green voter. And no, I'm not against private gun ownership. But I do think, that there are issues regarding gun security in germany, and hopefully those issues will be adressed soon.

Well Cosmo.YOU personally mightnt be against gun ownership.Trouble is YOUR PARTY IS and always has been!!!!So I guess that makes you a minority of a minority in your party???
    And I hate to say it but there is very little more that can be done to make gunownership more safer in Germany than it already is , seeing it is easier to buy an illegal firearm over there than a legal one,your party would be better off addressing that problem.
    So why is waffen online NOT the German version of Boards???

But anyway,better luck next time in the elections...:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    So why is waffen online NOT the German version of Boards???

Grizzly on that point I think waffen-online is more like the shooting subforum within the SPorts section of boards.ie. Boards covers much more than just shooting and firearms. ;)

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

But anyway,better luck next time in the elections...:D:D:D

Better luck? The green party got 10.7 % this time, compared to 8.1% in the last election. I wouldn't call that a defeat.

And Preusse is right, you can't really compare waffen-online.de and boards, there is more to boards......a mustard subforum for example:D

I don't want to come across as someone who is against shooting, in fact, I quite like target shooting. But I haven't been out shooting since I moved to Ireland 8 years ago. Would love to try out clay pigeon shooting, but there is no range in my area, and I work the weekend and evening hours, which makes it a bit difficult for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Cosmo K wrote: »
    ......a mustard subforum for example:D

I don't want to come across as someone who is against shooting, in fact, I quite like target shooting. But I haven't been out shooting since I moved to Ireland 8 years ago. Would love to try out clay pigeon shooting, but there is no range in my area, and I work the weekend and evening hours, which makes it a bit difficult for me.

Don't diss the mustard forum. Mustard is great. ;)

Are you sure there's no clay pidgeon shooting out in Galway? Maybe pop into Duffy's in the city centre, they might have some info on where to shoot and what.

Preusse wrote: »
    Grizzly on that point I think waffen-online is more like the shooting subforum within the SPorts section of boards.ie. Boards covers much more than just shooting and firearms. ;)

Ah..maybe I should have said the German version of the shooting section of Boards.ie:p[Although it is a board totally dedicated to shooting]With many sub forums dedicated to all aspects of shooting and gun matters.

Cosmi
    Whereabouts in Galway are U??There is usually somone who has a clay range up and running at least once a week after working hours near any major city or town here.Admittedly Connaught is a bit short on shooting grounds.:(. It's all South or East of the Shannon..Did you try the Lough Bo shooting grounds up in Sligo?? Dunno if they do clays,but they might be able to advise further.

From an Irish political perspective,if you are not in power in some shape thats a defeat...;):D

Advertisement