Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunshine Coast

Options
  • 28-09-2009 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Anyone stay in Sunshine coast and want to recommend me a hotel?
    Or know the best way to get from Brisbane airport to sunshine coast,
    or recommend anything good to do there?

Any info basically.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

try for somewhere in Caloundra

I wouldnt be overly pushed on MAroochydore

and remember Noosa and Noosa heads are two VERY different places

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Stayed in both Noosa and Maroochydore and loved both, though the former is probably the better of the two. You can catch a train from Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast but it takes aaaaages in comparison to the drive time. Better off putting your money into renting a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

We have booked everything in Caloundra. Looks really good.

Bus from Brisbane airport to Caloundra take 70 mins, I was thinking of renting a car but anytime i rent a car i feel i have to be driving it all the time to get the value out of it.

Whale watching is on top of my agenda and snorkling. Any nice places to eat etc there?

Hey guys pretty excited about my holliers so just gonna bump this if thats ok

Going tomorrow,

TELL ME STUFF!!!

• Advertisement

Oh you'll need a car if you want to enjoy the area, theres loads to do, but its a bit spread out.

If you'd asked last week I'd have lent you my spare landcruiser, but I lent it to someone else and now its in Townsville, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Going tomorrow,

TELL ME STUFF!!!

You jammy so and so !

Enjoy !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Australia Zoo is definitely worth a visit.
    The Glasshouse Mountains is good for a bit of hiking.
    Fraser Island for a few days 4wding and camping.

Be careful who you rent your 4WD off for Fraser and be very careful of your bond.

If you'd asked last week I'd have lent you my spare landcruiser, but I lent it to someone else and now its in Townsville, sorry

Your spare landcruiser? I think its time you informed us just what it is you do what with you impulse buying land and having spare landcruisers that you are willing to lend to people on the internet. Thanks for the thought anyway.

Had a great time, went jetskiing, went whale watching in the presence of Steve Irwins son, ate Barrimundi. Fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

hope you caught the barra and all!

Your spare landcruiser? I think its time you informed us just what it is you do what with you impulse buying land and having spare landcruisers that you are willing to lend to people on the internet. Thanks for the thought anyway.

Had a great time, went jetskiing, went whale watching in the presence of Steve Irwins son, ate Barrimundi. Fun

ah tis a 1984 Wagon, solid lump of a car tho, Apparently I have a waaaay too many cars than is considered healthy, but most of them are old 'classics' I keep them registered cos if you let them run out they have to go over the pit for inspection ;)

Advertisement