Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling home from new zealand, recieving a call from ireland

Options
  • 28-09-2009 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Just a quick q for the nz crowd on here. When i call home from my telecom phone, i have no problems, but when the folks ring me from the landline in ireland there is about a 5 sec delay. There was never any problems in aus with this. Anyone else have similar problems with the phone line?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭jif

Yes whenever Im on the phone to NZ there is a couple of seconds delay, takes a while to get used to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yep a little bit sometimes, I presume its the fact its probably bouncing across a couple of satellites to get home...Makes it hard to get a word in over the mammy sometimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

usually just keep hanging up and ringing back until it sounds right.

ive noticed this a bit from both ends actually over the last few years. now we just have a crap phone that you can hardly hear most things on. *eye roll*

Advertisement