Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm in Netherlands, can I lodge cash to my AIB account?

Options
  • 28-09-2009 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I'm in the Netherlands for the next few months, is there any way I can lodge cash to my AIB current and Mastercard accounts?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

bigkev49 wrote: »
    As the title says, I'm in the Netherlands for the next few months, is there any way I can lodge cash to my AIB current and Mastercard accounts?

Cheers.

Assuming you have the BIC/IBAN for the account, no trouble to transfer the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Assuming you have the BIC/IBAN for the account, no trouble to transfer the money.

Thanks but what are BIC/IBAN and do I still need a Dutch bank account to lodge the cash to my AIB account?

I tried googling it but couldn't see for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You'll need a bank account there. There is no way to lodge cash directly to an Irish bank account from abroad.

A BIC and IBAN are kind of like an international "sort code" and account number - basically, if you have those, you can instruct your bank in the Netherlands to transfer money to your AIB account. From there you can then transfer money into your Mastercard through AIB's internet banking.

Advertisement