Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding in the Rugby Forum

Options
  • 28-09-2009 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

In today's match thread I made a comment about a Munster player chocking and hitting a player from behind. I did not insult the player in any way merely said it was thuggery and I hope he got a ban for that. Ruggie then decided to delete the comment. Now have we really got to the stage where if a Munster player commits an act of thuggery for all to see it can't even be mentioned? Its a valid point. But whatever, Ruggie PM'd me to say he didnt want it in the Munster match thread in case it derailed it. So instead I started a new thread mentioning all the acts of thuggery we've seen in rugby so far this year (mentioning not only tonights inciddent but the Parrise inciddent, the Quinlan inciddent, the Rhys Thomas inciddent and the Du Preez inciddent) Essentially asking teh question is thuggery creeping into rugby. This thread was swiftly deleted not 30 seconds after I made the time to type it up. Why? To be honest its a disgrace

I know why I was banned, that isn't the issue here its the general modding. I think the mods do a great job especially Ruggie I am just sick and tired of the fact that we are unable to discuss all aspects of players and teams because some posters seem to get offended (and these posters are ALWAYS munster fans) when its not positive reviews. I don't know if its because a lot of them come from Munsterfans.com and are used to users being banned and threads locked if posters disagree or something but its a real problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

This is not really a helpdesk issue. I suggest you take this discussion either to the rugby forum, or you take it the feedback forum.
    sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

my thread in feedback was locked and it was suggested it be moved here so...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

After reading the Feedback thread, I do think this is a HelpDesk issue. My reasoning is here.

I'm going to discuss this issue with the mod in question and the other admins and get back to you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

After reviewing the issue, it appears that Size=everything has a litany of infractions and warnings for borderline behaviour, particularly with relation to abuse of a particular Munster player.

The series of events for the incident in question for which the user was banned:

27-09-2009, 18:26
    Ronan O'Gara choking and then hitting an player from behind, absolute thuggery and a cowardly act, hope he gets a ban for that
    27-09-2009, 18:28
    RuggieBear wrote: »
    don't post again in this thread size=everything

27-09-2009, 19:09
    Its a shame we can't discuss the match unless its favorable to Munster.

I'll take my banning Ruggie I refuse to post in a thread where you can't mention what everyone saw. To those posters who delight in my banning enjoy your 'discussion' where everything is positive to your views.

27-09-2009, 19:11
    RuggieBear wrote: »
    size = everything banned.

post deleted

It appears to me to be a clear case of long term trolling on the part of Size=everything and I'm not at all surprised at the banning.

Size=everything, my advice is to stop the petty attacks singling out ROG. Looking at your posting history, you are noted for that in particular and I'm not at all surprised the Rugby mods will no longer tolerate you taking every opportunity to attack him.

We want to foster good rugby discussions on the forum, not descend into a Munster-Leinster flame fest. Your posting style is very much the latter - if you can't change that then I suspect you'll end up permanently banned from that forum relatively quickly.

Advertisement