Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto 3 stars

Options
  • 28-09-2009 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I recently received 3 lotto scratch cards each with 3 stars. Trying to figure out my best option. If I send all 3 cards in will the envelopes get opened and 2 dicarded and one entered or will all 3 be entered giving me a better chance? Does anybody know how this is done? Thanks in advance.
    F

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Send them all in separately.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭nouveau_4.0

Send them in seperately. It'll only make minimal difference though.

Presuming they recieve x number of entries every week before yours then sending them all in together works out at odds of:

(3/x+3) + (0/x) + (0/x) = 3/x+3

If you send in one per draw your odds are:

(1/x+1) + (1/x+1) + (1/x+1) = 3/x+1

Its minimal, but you've slightly better odds at 3/x+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Hey FlamingCherries..

I was on winning streak last year (playing for the Ma who got picked after 1st time sending in the 3stars!! hope for us all)..got to spin the wheel too:p...

Anyhow the lotto dude we met said the average amt of 3 stars they get in per week was 40,000..

I think about 25 (not 100% sure about this number) are then picked/opened and checked (ones with pets names..or mary from cork as full address weeded out)... then these ones will be re-enveloped and picked out by those 2 goons in the next show..

Maybe nouveau_4.0 could do the math on that one (permutations and combinations never my favourite topic)

It's all 50/50 at the end of the day if you ask me..you either get picked or you dont..

Let me know how when you get on and i'll give you some tips for the wheel spin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SwearImNotPaul

40,000? Never expected it to be that high. They make a lot of money every week so. From suckers like us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ya I can understand why its not really publicised...maybe he just made it up to make us all feel really special....

Ah well if yousr not in yous cant win and all that....

Lotto
    A tax on people who cant do maths:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement