Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Concrete resurfacing

• 28-09-2009 6:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Does anyone know a way of resurfacing a concrete yard or is the only option a repour? Can tarmac or tar and chip be layed on top of concrete?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

what you need to look at first do you have enough room to add on top without having to lift gulley lids, manhole lids etc.... If not you know the answer already.
    If so then adding concrete will work provided you add sufficient depth and strength. Tar will work as well provided enough depth is added. Can you pave the yard? If you add concrete or tar you need to make its not done by some cowboy otherwise it will all have to come up, jack hammered out, removed and relaid and therefore the cost will go up significantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭upgrade

not sure what victors comment is about,thanks mrgaa,as you say i think the answer is to redo the yard,it was layed by cowboys,the only marks they didn't leave in it were hoof prints.
    i don't have enough height to put another layer of concrete on it,i was wondering was there a thin layer of some new kind of product that could be used,you'd think there would be with all the new stuff out there?
    thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

victors comment means that the thread was moved to a more appropriate forum where you may get other answers. Can you give more information regarding your yard - dimensions, what its used for etc...

Its about 750 mt2,used for parking and general traffic to warehouse,not many heavy trucks on it.I read somewhere online that if was tarred it could peel of if it doesn't bond right,but anyway a concrete surface is what I'd prefer to have for strengh and low maintainance.The standard of workmanship was very poor,I just hate looking at it,a waste of good material,not to mention the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Try ***** they might have a product

Thanks,I just emailed ***** so I'll see if they can help

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 big neilly

There is a few concrete overlays available if your concrete is sound, is there a problem with falls, is water lying on it? Or are you just not happy with the finish. If the levels are ok you can either use stencil or stamped concrete. Stenciled is sprayed on between 5mm and 10mm thick or stamped overlay is between 10mm and 20mm thick, if the problem is with levels the stamped concrete should sort it. Google decorative concrete in both uk and ireland, i can send info if you like

There are a few puddles at worst about 1" deep,but mostly its a problem with heights and power float marks and there are a good few cracks.The falls are ok,how can you send me info Neilly? do I have to post my e.mail address here?I googled like you said but there is so much info it's hard to kow where to start.
    Have you seen this done before or do you know of any contractor who could do the job?
    thanks again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 big neilly

Tried to send you a private message let me know if you get it should show up top right under welcome and your name

• Advertisement

Thanks very much Neilly,I got that info.Will let you know how things turn out.

Advertisement