Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90.8% of independent economists feel that a YES is good for economy and FDI

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

dresden8 wrote: »
    No probs, that was in the op.

i just underlined what in the document

as i could foresee no side questioning their independence and integrity

/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

the fraud was let out of the bag[whistleblower] paul van bruitenen,what i mean by rule changing is the fact that the EU will never except a no by a member state,the dutch the french and now the irish have said no over the years,the goverments have been made to go back to their peoples, because of financial threats and bribes and a pretended change in the treaty ,i have a bulldog ,putting a tail on him will not turn him into a greyhound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    i just underlined what in the document

as i could foresee no side questioning their independence and integrity

/

So, no
    graphs and figures of the outcomes for Lisbon

So, no

i see

you are right i worded the OP post wrong, there are no graphs of outcomes (since thats in future it sort of hard to graph something that you cant measure yet)

but there are graphs (the linked pdf contains plenty of graphs and figures) of current economic factors such as confidence and spreads, on which the opinion and projections of the economists thesis rests

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

getz wrote: »
    the dutch the french and now the irish have said no over the years,the goverments have been made to go back to their peoples, because of financial threats and bribes and a pretended change in the treaty

There's no pretending about it. The EU Constitution was changed, parts were removed and added and the whole thing reformated into an amendment treaty to completly remove any perceived movements towards statehood. If that doesn't count as 'changed' then I think we're living in different universes.

Lisbon did not need to be changed, it just needed to be clarified.

• Advertisement

i see

you are right i worded the OP post wrong, there are no graphs of outcomes (since thats in future it sort of hard to graph something that you cant measure yet)

but there are graphs (the linked pdf contains plenty of graphs and figures) of current economic factors such as confidence and spreads, on which the opinion and projections of the economists thesis rests

;)

Thought not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Thought not.

What's your point? By winning this battle have invalidated the contents of the report in any way and/or proved that a yes vote will have no effect on the economy?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    What's your point? By winning this battle have invalidated the contents of the report in any way and/or proved that a yes vote will have no effect on the economy?

i edited the wording to be "more correct" so as per feedback

tho that doesnt change the thesis presented by these economists

a yes vote more than likely would be better for economy

I feel like one of the Climate Change scientists who despite an overwhelming body of evidence have to quibble over the smallest of herrings :)

/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

this may sound daft, but it makes me mad,three weeks ago a new EU rule made, makes it illegal to manufacture or bring into and to sell the old type light bulbs in the EU,now [unless you have stocked up with them]you have to use the new energy efficient type, which cost over three times more , ok it sounds good,but when like me you have put in dimmer switches in the house and find that the bulbs blow after only a few days ,you realize they have not fully thought things out before passing new EU rules. its the old saying of ,how many politictians does it take to change a light bulb ?answer the lot if they have in dimmer switches

this may sound daft, but it makes me mad,three weeks ago a new EU rule made, makes it illegal to manufacture or bring into and to sell the old type light bulbs in the EU,now [unless you have stocked up with them]you have to use the new energy efficient type, which cost over three times more , ok it sounds good,but when like me you have put in dimmer switches in the house and find that the bulbs blow after only a few days ,you realize they have not fully thought things out before passing new EU rules. its the old saying of ,how many politictians does it take to change a light bulb ?answer the lot if they have in dimmer switches

what does that have to do with anything?

big whoa EU, US, Australia + NZ, and even Cuba :0 and many other countries are banning these over next few years, because they are inefficient, if you are worried about dimming then buy ones that are dimmable (lol i invented a word ?)

next you be complaining about shape of bananas I guess? why not debate the thread and facts at hand titled

"90.8% of independent economists feel that a YES is good for economy and FDI"

• Advertisement

You're supposed to use ones designed for dimmer switches:
    http://www.gelighting.com/na/business_lighting/faqs/cfl.htm#3

And if they cost three times as much but last three times longer, what have you lost?

You're supposed to use ones designed for dimmer switches:
    http://www.gelighting.com/na/business_lighting/faqs/cfl.htm#3

And if they cost three times as much but last three times longer, what have you lost?

the unelected EU elites are forcing environmentally friendly lightbulbs on people? those bastards!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Do you realise that it was the Irish government that was pushing this new rule? That we were waiting for the EU to catch up to what we wanted?

If you wanted to make a coherent argument against the EU, it would have to be that the EU delayed our ban...

Ix.

i edited the wording to be "more correct" so as per feedback

tho that doesnt change the thesis presented by these economists

a yes vote more than likely would be better for economy

I feel like one of the Climate Change scientists who despite an overwhelming body of evidence have to quibble over the smallest of herrings :)

/

Hey, you got off lightly with me.

If you were a No side poster who made the same mistake the usual Yes side mob would have been on your case straight away about no side lies.

Hey, you got off lightly with me.

If you were a No side poster who made the same mistake the usual Yes side mob would have been on your case straight away about no side lies.

He made a small error in his post which didn't change the validity of his statement

You pointed out this small error

He edited his post to reflect this

Part 3 is where these no side posters you refer to fall down. They refuse to admit it when it has clearly been pointed out that they are in error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭defence forces

was the .2% a dwarf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

These are the same stupid economists that retained that the boom is getting boomier spin.

NOT to be TRUSTED... Its been shown that only a few economists actually know the difference between reality and crazy speculation.

Id say the wise economists fall into the 10% who disagree that Lisbon will be good. Lisbon will either have no effect on the economy or very little.

was the .2% a dwarf

your back ?

hows your potatoes coming along?

;)

Toiletroll wrote: »
    NOT to be TRUSTED... Its been shown that only a few economists actually know the difference between reality and crazy speculation.

Yes indeed, instead of trusting economists we should trust the communists, the fascists, the terrorists, the UKIP, the religious fundamentalists and the guy with all the US military contracts. They have our best interests at heart right?

Yes indeed, instead of trusting economists we should trust the communists, the fascists, the terrorists, the UKIP, the religious fundamentalists and the guy with all the US military contracts. They have our best interests at heart right?

"head bangers" is too strong a word i believe

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭defence forces

your back ?

hows your potatoes coming along?

;)

They're quite nice, thank you for asking. Myself and father grew them over the last year and we have a substanial harvest that should see us up to chirstmas if we store them properly. And we should be able to share them with our extended family. When they return for christmas. There is less chemicals in them and we use cow manure for fertiliser. Also If you boil them correctly for an hour they come out extremely flourly and slighty sweet. I had BBQ with some Argentinian friends last night and promised them I will take some over. In order to show how we Irish are far superior at Potato cultilvation. I like being me,.

They're quite nice, thank you for asking. Myself and father grew them over the last year and we have a substanial harvest that should see us up to chirstmas if we store them properly. And we should be able to share them with our extended family. When they return for christmas. There is less chemicals in them and we use cow manure for fertiliser. Also If you boil them correctly for an hour they come out extremely flourly and slighty sweet. I had BBQ with some Argentinian friends last night and promised them I will take some over. In order to show how we Irish are far superior at Potato cultilvation. I like being me,.

My dear "EireGoBackwards" friend :D

Do explain to your Argentinian friends

why the EU puts up a trade barrier against their meat exports in order to protect the EU farmers

while you at it ask them what its like to do business on the other side of the Tariff wall

oh and do tinker over how you intend to increase employment in farming from current 3% to 100% of population without resolving to communist like confiscation of private property and rounding up the Irish population into "collectives"

once again nice talking you you
    ill get back to eating my microchips

:D

edit: in case anyone is interested about why theres so much love between me and our friend here do read these posts

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...postcount=2516

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...postcount=2523

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

That's it in a nutshell. We don't have to take anyone's advice or opinion but if you are going to who would make the most logical sense.

Or maybe just listen to all these people calling for a Yes vote...
    Alliance for Europe
    American Chamber of Commerce
    Barnado's
    Concern(NGO)
    Construction Industry Federation (CIF)
    Consumer Electronic Distributors Association (CEDA)
    Cork Chamber of Commerce
    Cork City Business Association
    Dublin Chamber of Commerce
    Dublin City Business Association
    Engineers Ireland
    Fashion & Footwear Federation
    Financial Services Ireland
    Fine Gael
    Galway City Business Association
    IBEC
    ICMSA
    ICT Ireland
    ICTU
    INO
    Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
    Institute of Professional Auctioneers and Valuers
    Irish Banking Federation
    Irish Congress of Trade Unions
    Irish Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies
    Irish Dairy Industry Association (IDIA)
    Irish Exporters Association (IEA)
    Irish Farmers Association
    Irish Fish Producers’ Organisation
    Irish Franchise Association
    Irish Hardware & Building Materials Association
    Irish Hotels Federation (IHF)
    Irish Medical Devices Association (IMDA)
    Irish Sheep and Cattle Farmers Association
    Irish Software Association (ISA)
    Irish Taxation Institute
    Irish Tourist Industry Confederation (ITIC)
    Irish Travel Agents Association (ITAA)
    Killybegs Fishermen’s Organisation
    Labour
    Limerick Chamber of Commerce
    Limerick City Business Association
    Network Dublin
    North Dublin Chamber of Commerce
    Pharmachemical Ireland
    Progressive Democrats
    Retail Ireland
    SIPTU
    Small Firms Association (SFA)
    Society of Irish Motor Industry (SIMI)
    South Dublin Chamber
    Telecoms and Internet Federation (TIF)
    Trocaire
    Waterford Chamber of Commerce

meglome wrote: »
    That's it in a nutshell. We don't have to take anyone's advice or opinion but if you are going to who would make the most logical sense.

Alliance for Europe
    Barnado's
    Concern(NGO)
    Cork Chamber of Commerce
    Fine Gael
    IBEC
    ICMSA
    ICT Ireland
    ICTU
    INO
    Irish Banking Federation
    Labour
    Network Dublin
    Pharmachemical Ireland
    Progressive Democrats
    Retail Ireland
    SIPTU
    Society of Irish Motor Industry (SIMI)
    South Dublin Chamber
    Telecoms and Internet Federation (TIF)
    Trocaire
    Waterford Chamber of Commerce

if only i could put all of that in my sig

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭moondogspot

Toiletroll wrote: »
    These are the same stupid economists that retained that the boom is getting boomier spin.

Id say the wise economists fall into the 10% who disagree that Lisbon will be good. Lisbon will either have no effect on the economy or very little.

Exactly.:)

those are the same economists

who were told by Bertie

"to go and commit suicide"

:eek:

/

if only i could put all of that in my sig

:)

Done :)

Someone should tell economists that Toiletroll and moondogspot have debunked their entire profession because some of them didn't predict the future accurately enough, although it should be noted that some economists predicted the collapse with great accuracy but they were dismissed as "talking down the economy"

meglome wrote: »

Alliance for Europe
    Barnado's
    Concern(NGO)
    Cork Chamber of Commerce
    Fine Gael
    IBEC
    ICMSA
    ICT Ireland
    ICTU
    INO
    Irish Banking Federation
    Labour
    Network Dublin
    Pharmachemical Ireland
    Progressive Democrats
    Retail Ireland
    SIPTU