Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor climbing wall dublin

Options
  • 28-09-2009 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Im wanting to go climbing with my friend on saturday are there any climbing walls in Dublin were you dont have to be a member you can just turn up and give it a go. We dont have any equipment either

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

try Westwood Gym in Fairview........they have a pretty good wall. i not sure if you have to be a member or going with a member. but it would be worth ringing them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You have to be a member for westwood afaik.

There's UCD and Trinity but you'll have to do somekind of introduction lesson to use either wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I was checking Trinity about a year back and am nearly sure you have to be a student or working there.

On a seperate note, I noticed a poster in the North Face Store in Temple Bar, advertising an opening climbing session where from what I could see you can try out gear.
    Sorry can't remember exactly when it's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

I got a free day pass there last week and tried out the climbing wall.

its felt amazing and it was incredible.

Got to the top on my second try.

your man said i climbed 25 feet.

Got to ring the bell and all and he gave me a lolipop.

As for joining that gym No way.

25 euro a month

and 500 euro a year.
    Paulyh wrote: »
    try Westwood Gym in Fairview........they have a pretty good wall. i not sure if you have to be a member or going with a member. but it would be worth ringing them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭clueless007

Hope my reply is not too late.

Ucd has very good climbing walls and they have harness for hire, not sure about belay gear. I can check with them later in the week.

If you are a beginner, you need to sign a safety form and pass the test (show them you can tie the knot, climb and belay safely, it's easy). Then you would be given a card for your subsequent sessions (8 eur per session) so you don't need to sign the safety form on your every session.

If you're a novice, you can enroll into their course, i think it's 25 quid. The instructor is very good. Or you can try to know the regulars (ahem ahem) there so they can teach you the basic.

If you want to know more, give me a shout :)

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement